ESF is a fast paced, 3rd person fighter based on the hit anime, Dragonball Z. Select your favorite character and fly, power up, transform, melee, and beam your enemies into pulp. Each character is given signature moves and abilities to compliment different style of play. Some are stronger in hand to hand combat, others are better with energy attacks. Play in three different game modes, deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the dragonballs. There is a learning curve so newbies beware. This is not your normal Half-life mod.
This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Level Designers located Anywhere.
Posted by Esforces.com on
The ESF team is seeking talented artists to create environments for the upcoming ESF: Final release.
What is ESF?
ESF (Earth's Special Forces) is a fast paced 3rd person fighter based on the hit anime, Dragonball Z. Up to 32 players may battle in large scale environments while using a mixture of hand-to-hand combat and energy attacks. Players can string together melee attacks, hurl opponents into objects, and deal devastating damage with energy attacks. Gameplay has been fine tuned for maximum flexibility and caters to various play styles. Overall, ESF boasts to be the most immersive Dragonball Z experience ever created.
Environment artists are responsible for designing, modeling, and texturing ingame environments that mesh with ESF's overall theme. In addition to creating the environment artists may also coordinate with other developers to add particle systems, weather systems, and interactive elements to the environment.
- Available to work a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Able to attend weekly developer meeting every Sunday at 19:00 GMT (7PM GMT)
- Self motivated
- Enjoys developing games
- Driven to produce polished, high quality content
- Prior game development experience a plus
- 3D Studio Max, Maya or equivalent (.obj export required)
- Adobe Photoshop or equivalent
- Half-Life 1 *optional*
- 1-2+ years of experience with poly based modeling
- Comfortable UVW Mapping and UVW Unwrapping
- Experience with different texture types such as bump mapping, specular maps, etc.
- Ability to create custom textures to fit ESF style
- Training may be given if skills are almost up to par
The warm fuzzy feeling you get from working on an ambitious project with a great group of devs. Seriously, this is a hobbyist project and it actually costs money to produce...
Send a resume and a link to your portfolio to Mastasurf@esforces.com