This week we interview Chris (producer) and Mike (coder/founder) from Berimbau and Your Evil Twin joins us too.
Posted by William on Jan 15th, 2009
This week we are joined by two Berimbau dev’s & Your Evil Twin. Thomas gets the chance to talk to some former No More Room in Hell developers and we talk for a while about berimbau with its producer (Chris) and main coder/founder (Mike)
Extended Show Notes
- 00:00:15 - Introductions
- 00:00:45 - William, Thomas/Editor321 (Half-Lifecreations.org), Alex/YourEvilTwin (former planethalflife.com), Chris (producer) & Mike (coder, founder) from Berimbau
- 00:03:00 - Podcast 17 News
- First episode without Phillip as co-host.
- Forums are active - get your post on!
- 00:03:30 - Round up of Half-Life news
- 00:03:45 - No more Room in Hell closed
- Thomas was able to get an exclusive interview with former members of the team.
- Why did No More Room in Hell fail?
- Will the content be ported to Left 4 Dead?
- 00:13:00 - SourceForts 22.214.171.124 Released.
- 00:16:15 - Sniper Division Trailer and Media.
- 00:23:00 - Dead before Dawn Teaser Trailer.
- 00:26:00 - Earth Special Forces Update.
- 00:31:30 - RiverPool for TWHL create a Room Competition.
- 00:34:00 - Rebellion for Half-Life 2.
- 00:36:30 - Joutomaa Chapter 1 Half-Life 2 Episode 2.
- 00:39:45 - VaultTec Source Trailer.
- 00:42:30 - Stargate Trailer and Jailbreak 0.5 Trailer.
- 00:45:30 - Zombie Master 1.2.1 Released - Last release for the team.
- 00:46:00 - Fake Factory Cinematic Update 9.5.
- 00:53:45 - Corridors Singleplayer Map.
- 00:54:15 - Zombie Panic Source Mapping Competition.
- 00:56:15 - Blast from the past: Half-Quake Amen.
- 01:01:45 - Interview with Chris and Mike from Berimbau.
- What is Berimbau?
- How does one code such a complex melee system?
- History of Berimbau.
- Details about the combat system.
- When does something become too complex?
- Beta team details.
- Configurable options in servers.
- Chances for multiple characters.
- Character personality.
- Berimbau as a cinematic.
- Details on game extras.
- Details on maps and environments.
- Multiduel details.
- How are the Berimbau developers eliminating the element of chance?
- The future of Berimbau.
- When can we expect to see Berimbau?
- 01:33:45 - Wrap-up