Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) is a mod for the game "Men of War" and some of its successors that randomly generates skirmish missions and lets you keep your surviving forces from one battle to another. Some people find this mod tricky to install the first time - please read the readme.txt carefully and ask for help (if you need it) on our forums here on this site, or at the game developer's site.

Forum Thread
looking for is-3 def file in DCG MOW AS 1 (Games : Men of War : Mods : Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) : Forum : Bugs, problems, troubleshooting : looking for is-3 def file in DCG MOW AS 1) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 15 2018 Anchor

the IS-3 may not have the correct ammo defined either for the gun or etc am trying to find DEF file and cannot find IS-3 listed anywhere. The tank shows up and functions but I cannot reload. I have found IS-1 and IS-2, just not IS-3

Thanks

Mike

Nov 15 2018 Anchor

Unless Ty2903 changed something when he ported the unit pack into AS1, the IS-3 uses the same gun as the IS-2.

I dont have AS1 nor the DCG for AS1 installed on my PC at the moment, so I really cant check whether he changed anything, and since Ty2903 nowadays is a member of the dev team for Gates of Hell, I doubt that he is checking these forums (but hopefully he'll prove me wrong! :) ).

~Zeke.

Nov 15 2018 Anchor

I had to fix the is-3 in MOW DCG but can't find the file for is-3 in as1. since the tank shows up I assume there is a file just don't know the name for it. I did a folder and sub-folder search for is-3 and no luck. I searched for ds-25 as gun type and no luck there either.

Can I just copy the is-3 folder from MOW DCG to AS1 DCG? It looks like I will have to change the ammo type and maybe the gun type for as1.

Thanks

Mike

Nov 16 2018 Anchor

That should work.

~Zeke.

Nov 19 2018 Anchor

that didn't work I must have missed something. I am moving on to AS2 thanks.

Can you tell where the def type files are located in Steam AS2 DCG. searched and can't find them. I want to change some load-outs on the various models for my use.

Thanks

That is DCG AS2 4.5 betanot on 5.0 yet

Nov 19 2018 Anchor

campaign/resource/entity-vehicle thats the folder where the .def files are located (there are several sub-folders in this location, tank_light, btr, etc).

Not sure if DCG will work on AS2 these days due to the recent update(s) of AS2.

~Zeke.

Edited by: zekewolff

Nov 20 2018 Anchor

yeah that folder doesn't contain a folder for vehicle file in 4.5 DCG AS2. just folders: construction, flora, fx and landscape.

I wonder if AS2 updates are killing the install of AS@ DCG 5.0.

Plus the inventory bug in 4.5 still exists in some vehicles other work just fine, PZ G keeps found items, PZ H doesn't. applied patch.

Thanks for feedback

Mike

Nov 20 2018 Anchor

Pretty sure that the new update of AS2 "killed" the current version of DCG.

So the Pz4G keeps stuff, whilst the Pz4H doesnt?? That's the first time I have heard this? We hasnt, as far as I know, made any changes on how vehicles keeps stored loot, they _should_ all work the same way... this bug keeps getting stranger and stranger... Luckily, the bug doesnt occur in vMoW... :P

~Zeke.

Nov 24 2018 Anchor

good news just got dcg 5.0 working with Steam AS2 3.262.0, I had to reinstall the C++ distribution package I loaded both 32 and 64 bit versions. vcredist from microsoft after several restarts it worked.

bad news is that the inventory bug for vehicles still exists, pz4G keeps inventory and pz4H resets. I am still looking for the def files even in AS2 DCG 5.0, campaign resource entity vehicle directory doesn't exist, any ideas? Did you guys hide them somewhere else?

Nov 24 2018 Anchor

Well, since the AS2 version doesnt have any new (ie made by us) vehicles added, we dont need to add those folders into the mod, in other words, DCG for AS2 uses vanilla values for all vehicles, and thus, you will find these .def files in the standard game folders.

However, if you want to change .def's, just create these folders yourself, for the IS3, you should create a campaign/resource/entity/-vehicle/tank_heavy folder, and inside this folder, you copy-paste the IS3 folder, then open the folder, and delete everything except for the .def file (you only need this one, unless you want to change stuff in the .mdl file as well).

The above has to be done for all vehicles you want to change basic ammo loadout, guns etc for. And the folders has to be named the same as in vanilla game.

Hope this helps,

~Zeke.

Nov 25 2018 Anchor

Thanks Zeke

I checked the resource folders for AS2 AS1 and MOW basic vanilla game, AS1 from Amazon Dl, MOW from GOG.com dl, and AS2 from Steam dl. None of them have a vehicle folder in vanilla game install there are "pak" files one of them is huge, I suspect the game at launch extracts the def files as needed. How do you guys get at them?

Thanks

Mike

Nov 25 2018 Anchor

You open .paks with either WinRar or 7zip. The first is a pay-to-use software, the latter is a free (and a much better) archiver.

~Zeke.

Nov 28 2018 Anchor

Thanks for your help, in additon to getting DCG AS2 5.0 to work with Steam AS2 I managed to get the vehicle resource folders into Steam DCG AS2 mod and now have access to the DEF files. Gradually learning how to modify them. Thanks again.

Now if you guys could figure out the inventory reset problem. Looks like same problem that existed in AS1, some vehicles reset others don't, problem exists in DCG AS2 5.0. As stated earlier Pz4G doesn't get reset but Pz4H does reset to default loadout in DEF file. Not even focusing on infantry but looks like same problem.

Thanks

Mike

looking for some help what or how to deply something called a vzriv_paket. It shows up in boxes from time to time when searching with infantry. I tried searching the MOW and Campaign directories for vzriv or paket nothing shows up. Thanks Mike

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.