Version 1.6.3 is released. To be installed over 1.6.1. The usual selection of bug fixes, gameplay tweaks and graphical improvements.
* Added Elaccan Gladiator, UU for Ecaz; replaces Hardened Bladesman, strength 10, dies after any combat.
* Ecaz now controls Semuta unique resource instead of Slig.
* Ecaz UU, Smuggler, has trade mission with 1/10 value of great merchant.
* When you build a landing stage, you get a popup to select which offworld trade contract you should receive. The choices now have hover help to tell you what benefits each contract gives.
* Added hover help for unique resources to show the controlling civilization, civilization unique abilities, and unique classes such as Atreides Heir and Axlotl Tank.
* Multiple popups ("Congratulations! You have built your first Archer!") used to appear if advisor popups were enabled when you built a worker, now they don't.
* Removed some leftover vanilla text from civics, such as slavery; replaced with "Stub text" messages for now (SL03).
* Corrected name of Kindjal contract to Ginaz Training contract.
* Improved description of relationship between fresh water and spice in the Dune Wars Concepts tab of the civilopedia.
* New sandstorm and spice blow graphics, using particles.
* More detailed textures for sandworm and worm rider (by Slvynn and deliverator)
* New Wormsign effect
* Added Blood mod to Infantry and Shield Fighter
+ Gave all the house spice corporations proper gamefont icons
Building and unit changes
* Increased hammer cost for most early game units (design by Ahriman).
* Reinforcement screen offered units requiring resources you don't have, now it doesn't (by koma13).
* When you captured the headquarters of a spice corporation, you used to double your spice income; now you don't (AH117, AHR60).
* The Bene Gesserit did not get their UB version of the palace, so Reverend Mothers could never be built; now they get it (GE01).
* The Reverend Mother training ability only worked if the owner was Bene Gesserit; now it works for any civ (GE02).
* Thinking machine buildings (automated factory, computerized research center) now only give unhappiness to city instead of continent (AHR61).
* Reduced chance of Harkonnen to generate slave to 50%.
* Infiltrator unit can now acquire Suspensor Travel promotion allowing movement on desert waste and deep desert terrain.
* Added Landsraad Shrine, CHOAM Headquarters - from Ahriman's religion design.
- founds the CHOAM Corporation which is exactly the same as the House Spice Corps, but competes with them so cannot be built in the same city.
- Spreads Landsraad Religion
- Can turn one citizen into Merchant
- Can be built by Great Merchant or Great Prophet, must also have at least one Spice resource
- Generates +2 Great Merchant GPP
* Modified flavor values for leaders and techs; each leader should now research more appropriate technologies (design by Ahriman).
* If spice is destroyed by fresh water appearing nearby, remove harvester (AHR10).
* Cities are now named differently: Each civ's capitol and all Fremen cities have a fixed list of names; all other city names are picked off a global list of 100 place names (concept by Fenring, names by Deliverator).
* Change starting techs for Ix to Water Conservation + Mining, and Tleilaxu to Mysticism + Exploration (DV24).
* Small changes to religion spread rates (by Ahriman).
* Replaced about ten tech icons (by Slvynn).
* Religious victory now only requires 80% of religion instead of 100%.
* Removed "lapping waves" sound from many features (by deliverator)
+ Outpost no longer buildable on Dunes
+ Religion buildings now play Dune Wars religion music clip rather than vanilla sound
+ Fixed 5 soundtrack entries missing from Audio2DScripts.xml and AudioDefines.xml
- New Shield Fighter model, new unit buttons for this unit and Kindjal Fighter
- Worm Rider renamed to Naib's Chosen, Riding the Worm tech to Desert Rites
- Fedaykin, Naib's Chosen and Ixian Spiders now have national limit of 10
- All religions' Missionaries now require Temple level buildings, except for Technocracy
- Imperial Diplomat now has a national limit of 1
- Renamed Shai-Hulud Prophet to Shai-Hulud Mystic
- Fixed Missile Launcher Animation that was causing a CTD
- Fixes fighter and bomber upgrade paths, and added descriptions e.g. Interceptor to the names
- Fixed various other upgrade path issues - AH113
- Protective trait now gives City Garrison and Drill to Guardsman units not Suspensors
- Tweaked plantation bonus yields
- Mentat Logic now requires Mind Training OR Genetic Manipulation and Research Labs now requires Suk School OR Mentat Logic - AH41c
- Fixed some unit bonus resource requirements
+ Koma's python fix for the Homeworld screen added
+ Fixed - Heavy Carryall does not have bCanMoveAllTerrain set
+ Fixed - Slave: 2 movement points and move on desert same as worker
+ Fixed - AHR59: Master Scytale should be Spiritual, not Industrious.
+ Fixed - Rename wind trap water feature to water access
+ Fixed - AHR60: The Tleilaxu religious shrine is intended to also give +1hammer to (settled) great prophets in all cities
+ Fixed - Various inappropriate unit sound fx cleaned up
+ Switched Landsraad to lion rampant symbol to avoid confusion with the CHOAM corporation
+ All holy cities now provide +2 culture (rather than the +1 gold or +1 culture previously)