Okay my second story. I don't speak much becouse i have bad english. If you play my first Dark Saloon we go with the same style. fun and scary style. I promise at this is much better than last one. ENJOY! :) PS: If you like jumpscares, play this. Dark Saloon III release date is February 28.2014
You have talent, that's one positive thing i can pull from this Mod. You show this through the creativity you've put into the actual mod itself, albeit you've gone about it in the wrong way.
What i liked about this mod:
- You show future potential as a good modder
- The creativity of the mod
- I want whatever you were smoking when you made this
What i didn't like:
- Constant jump scares were not scary and pointless
- Some parts were childish and that really didn't appeal to me I'm afraid.
- No ending, albeit you did say there was no story, but no ending?
- No real involvement of monsters and there was no scare factor. The player was given way to much oil and resources, would have been better if you had toned down what the player could acquire through the mod.
- Lacking of music throughout the mod meant no real atmosphere was built up, also i found the game was too bright, even with the brightness toned down quite abit.
You show really strong skills as a modder, just put those skills into a real mod that is serious, with a good storyline and good scares, and you'll definitely have yourself a better score.
I must say I enjoyed Dark Saloon 1, but you are right about "this makes no sense". This is just about jumpscares and of course about those very stupid teleporting naked guys. Why don't you try to make something better that makes sense, not just those teleporting naked guys. But there's still one positive - I like the level design. Try to make something that makes sense with this level design and it'll be great.
It makes me really sad to see that you, a really talented level designer waste your time on lame stories like this!
Some of the areas epic! Really beutiful and perfectly designed! But the "story"... 100 key quests, nothing makes sense (you told us that it's not a serious story, but come on! This is horrible) and worst of all, you said you hoped it's scary. 1000 jump scares are NOT scary! The first jumpscare was scary, but then I realized "oh, it's a jumpscare story" and was prepeared for everything so it was not scary at all after that.
FLYING NAKED GUYS ARE NOT SCARY IN LENGHT! AND NO ONE OVER 10 THINK IT'S FUN WITH FARTING GUYS IN A CLOSET!
I rated your first story 4/10 and I'm afraid this is a 4/10 as well since the only thing you improved a little is the level design. Nothing else is improved at all. You didn't even take your time to add a proper ending, da fuq?
Next time, make a deep, serious story with the same epic level design and it can, with passion and love, become one of the most epic stories out there!
4/10 - Okey