Presenting the CornCobMod or the CornCobMan's FunMod (I'm really creative and original with names you see).

Forum Thread
1.83.5 Feedback (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : CornCobMan's Fun Mod for Soulstorm : Forum : Feedback and bug reporting : 1.83.5 Feedback) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 23 2018 Anchor

Since the 1.83.5 update moved all the researches to the same building, the hotkeys have been messed up for gridkey purposes. Some of the changes are quite puzzling, and these are detailed in the feedback section.

Bugs:

The Librarian Veil of Time research gives Word of the Emperor. Meanwhile, the Word of the Emperor research does not give the ability.

Hotkeys:

Is it possible to separate the hotkey entries for the relic researches and the relic unit themselves? There are no issues right now for Space Marines (but good to separate in case you want to juggle them around again), but there are some major conflicts for Chaos (bloodthirster and I think land raider) and Tau.

In particular, the Tau Mako research itself is using the Tau Swordfish instead of the Tau Mako hotkey, though I guess this wouldn't matter if you separate the research hotkeys from the troop hotkeys.

I get that all the relic unit researches are housed together in the same building to work around the bug of running both researches simultaneously. However, why is the Bloodthirster itself placed in the Machine Pit, instead of being in the Daemon Pit like all the other greater daemons?

Why was the daemon prince research moved to the sacrificial circle?

I'd recommend that for Tau, the researches should be housed at the Coalition Center instead of the Kroot Shaping Center, since that standardises it with Chaos and Space Marines relic unit researches, where these researches are housed at the final building in the tech tree.

Dec 23 2018 Anchor

I've checked the requirements for both the researches and the abilities and they appear to be correct. Have you made changes to the abilities or extracted the files yourself?

I've already moved the relic unit researches for Chaos to the sacrificial circle instead, I just haven't released it yet. The original reason I moved the Daemon Prince and Bloodthirster researches out of the Daemon Pit was that if you force a research limit on a building then it would limit all researches for that building, you can't choose which ones are limited and which aren't.

Similarly, the ones for Tau have been moved to the Coalition Center.

Edited by: corncobman

Dec 23 2018 Anchor

It's pretty bizarre, but the Veil of Time/Word of the Emperor works correctly without the Tyranid mod addon, but the behaviour I described occurs with the addon. Tried with a fresh install of the mod and the addon.

Edit: This has been fixed with the current version of the tyranid mod add-on.

Some quick feedback regarding 1.83.6:

Chaos Sorcerer doesn't seem to have any build menu, so he can't be upgraded. For reference, the chaos lord build menu is working fine.

Seems like all the greater daemons (i.e. not including greater warp spawn) are using index 4. I'm guessing this is intentional? Also makes sense since the greater daemons are all mutually exclusive.

The summon bloodthirster option remains there even if the bloodthirster research is not selected, and it gets pushed to index 5 if a different greater daemon is researched. Is there a way to hide the summon bloodthirster option if a different relic unit research was picked?

Edited by: Rotlung

Dec 24 2018 Anchor

Yeah the deamons all being in the same location is intentional.

The other issues should be fixed now.

Dec 25 2018 Anchor

Hi, thanks for fixing those issues.

One minor hotkey issue: The Chaos Sorcerer warp storm research (which I believe is chaos_sorcerer_research_3) is using the 2nd research hotkey. Also, is chaos_ws_research used anymore?

Dec 25 2018 Anchor

The chaos_ws_research hotkey should be for the Warp Spawn research.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.