CWC is a C&C Generals Zero Hour Total Conversion and also works with "The First Decade". It takes place from 1980-1989 and features realistic units from the 80's. We want CWC to be a mixture of realism and fun. CWC is more realistic than vanilla Generals, with real life weapon systems and side specific characteristics. CWC offers 2 factions: Russia and USA. The Russians tend to use tanks and artillery (for example: T-72 / T-80, BM-21, 2S1 only to mention a few) while the USA rely on aircraft and high tech units (for example: F-15, F-16, F-117, A-10 etc.). Also we we have a lot of infantry in the game, not all of them are just cannon fodder.
A List of features that will be included in the upcoming final release of Cold War Crisis.
Posted by [CWC]SHADOW on Dec 30th, 2007
We hope you are enjoying your christmas holidays as much as we are enjoying ours. Today we will post a little list of features with the most important things so that you can get an idea of what will be in the final release of CWC. Everything on it is either already featured in the internal versions or is tested right now and will be included in the final release. Even people who just registered here and haven't had the time to read trough the Forum should get a clue. We hope this clears up alot of the questions that arose lately ;)
1. Different gameplay-modes
- Skirmish - Battle versus the AI or other players
- Advanced Skirmish - Battle versus the AI or other players with additional mission goals that give bonuses
- Singleplayer Missions - Small missions against the AI, random events/attacks so the replay-factor is high
- Conquest - Battle versus other players, no bases, limited units at start, capture flags to gain reinforcements
- Multiplayer Missions ("Scenarios") - Every player has a specific mission, f.e. player 1 has to defend a convoy that is on the way to his base while player 2 has to ambush the convoy
2. New factions, units and buildings
- 2 new factions: USA and USSR
- More than 35 new units per faction = more than 70 new units
- 17 new General's Points per faction
- New buildings for both factions
3. New Gameplay
- More tactical battles
- Redesigned AI for Skirmish and Advanced Skirmish with 3 difficulties - if you aren't careful, the AI will kick your ass even on medium difficulty
- New resource system with "Supplies" & "Fuel"
4. Other Features:
- 11 new multiplayer maps that can be played at day or night setting (with different gameplay)
- Own soundtrack made for CWC with music for both USA and USSR
- New particle effects for explosions, smoke, etc.
- New sound effects for all units
- More than 1,200 new unit voice sounds
Greets and happy new year to all of 'ya