This is new version of Classical Age by z3n, featuring Anarchon's new campaign map streaching from Britannia to India and everything in between, new battle AI by Germanicu5 and many fixes.
New in CATW 2.0:
How the Force Diplomacy Script works:
how to force the AI to accept a proposal :
First you must click the "?" in the upper right of the diplomacy box. Then you can force a faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button.
This script is very useful to prevent the AI from breaking alliances.
- Standalone patch. All others included in this one.
- Animations overhaul. Hundreds of new animations specifically designed for CATW. Adding to the immersive feel of battles.
- DMB fixes of all texture errors, all texture code adjusted accordingly.
- Expect a stable campaign now without crashes during battles. Report back if there are and which units were in the army.
- Everything in the DMB is fine. Only a file with improper dds encoding would cause a crash when loading a battle from now on with this patch.
- Several errors fixed in EDB and EDU.
- New formations from sinhuet modified for CATW are in it.
- Includes an alexander.exe patch as promised by coco, it will be playable on alexander now, in fact its highly recommended.
- A force diplomacy script are included in this patch.
- A specific adjustment to formations_ai to calibrate it for alexander.exe to prevent CTD's upon ambush.
- Bugfix for CTD upon winning campaign conditions for romans.
- New descr_strat*
- Roman and barbarian portraits by Joar. Carthaginian and Greek by myself
- New 4TPY script with historical facts per season until 268BC (WIP to be completed in upcoming patches)
- New sun
- New animation updates
- Character traits overhaul. (WIP to be added to in upcoming patches- Brand new map stretching from Britain to India with everything in between (Anarchon's but I only implemented one of his earliest versions)
- Germanicu5 scripts
- Redfox wooden walls
The game/mod is based on Alexander 1.9, and is modfoldered, does not alter the original game, although there are some optional files (see later).
- Verify you have a fresh (unmodded * other mod folders are ok, but if your main RTW folders data is modded, by RS2 for example the game won't work) RTW 1.5 or BI 1.6 or even Alex 1.9 RTW version.
- Run the installer, find your own RTW path C:\Program Files\Activision(or The Creative Assembly)\Rome-Total War\ and install/extract there
- Create a shortcut of your preferred exe (RomeTW, RomeTW-BI, or RomeTW-ALX) and send to desktop. Right click on the shortcut now on your desktop. Add this to the end the target area under shortcut -nm -show_err -mod:catw make sure you have one space after the quotation mark on the end.