This is a full conversion Tolkien mod for Crusader Kings 2 which will feature bookmarks throughout the Third Age. This mod is being developed independently from any other LotR or Middle Earth mods out there. The map will cover the main areas of Middle Earth, known in the books and films. So, Middle-Earth is waiting for you! Will you play as the descendant of one of the noble families of Rohan or Gondor? Will you try to reforge the ancient kingdoms of Elves in Eriador? Or will you try to destroy all the Free Peoples, and claim Middle Earth for Morgoth? This mod will give you a unique strategy experience of the Third Age in Middle-Earth. From Forodwaith to Bellakar, from Lindon to Rhûn, lead your dynasty and survive the Dark Times. Become one of the most important Lords of the Age!

Forum Thread
specific dates 05.1b crashes (Games : Crusader Kings II : Mods : CK2: Middle Earth Project (CK2:MEP) : Forum : Bug Reports : specific dates 05.1b crashes) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 14 2015 Anchor

Hello, first - great mod! Really enjoying it!!

I have a crash problem playing noldor (new son of Elrond), it always crasher on the 9th or 12th af any month. There are no events or messages appearing. I can power through the crashes by reloading, but sooner or later (months or years) the same crash appears on the same dates.

(sorry for title mistake it's supposed to be *0.5b)

Edited by: fiser_daniel

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

same problem but regardles of what faction i play.

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Same here, thread below :/

Aug 21 2015 Anchor

Crash when playing with Sauron. I have the one ring and my physical form, and at current war against Gondor. Date: "17 Urui, 11365"

Aug 22 2015 Anchor

Hey Guys,

It doesn't work at all for me :(
Two seconds after starting the mod it crashes - thats a pity, cause I was eager to start playing the new updateScreenshot 16

Aug 23 2015 Anchor

Now I'm not a modder but after some observations I've noticed a pattern with the specific date crashing. It seems the crashing occurs when a date and an event trigger at the same time. So if an event tries to trigger when a day Monday turns into a Tuesday then the game will crash. Again just an observation and there is a fair chance I am incorrect. The only evidence I have is from experience, after reloading an older save. When I reached the date I kepted crashing at with the old save the game did not crash because an event that didn't trigger with the previous save triggered.

Aug 24 2015 Anchor

2.4.4 came so you must fix it

Aug 29 2015 Anchor

I like this mod, but whenever I play the I play the War of the Ring bookmark, it crashes. Specifically, the game at a certain date crashes and the game closes, returning to desktop. I've got the 0.5.1b patch but it still happens.

I've put the details down of the two most recent times it happened and the characters

-22nd Narbaleth (10) 11364 playing as Aragorn

-20th Narwain (1) 11365 playing as Theoden

reloading from previous autosaves doesn't help. I don't know what the problems is, but I would really like to play at least until the end of the actual War of the Ring at least.

Sep 28 2015 Anchor

I have the same problem like a-mad-cow. However, I cannot remember if the game crashes on the same dates. Is there any solution to this issue?

Oct 7 2015 Anchor

I noticed that playing at the faster speed always end in a CTD.

If you're playing fast (the five arrows) try to lower it to three or two arrows.

Oct 15 2015 Anchor

Any ideas on this guys? Been playing and it always crashes at a certain date too. No way around it. Can I revert to an old, more stable version that is compatible with the DLC? Is there a version that is?

Update: Can't seem to play any race or anyone for that matter without it crashing, which it always seems to be a specific date. Such as (3) 23. Whether I play Umbar, Aragorn, Gondor or Rivendell it always crashes. Would love to play this mod but it's a little bit too... sporadic.

Edited by: noazno

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.