This is a full conversion Tolkien mod for Crusader Kings 2 which will feature bookmarks throughout the Third Age. This mod is being developed independently from any other LotR or Middle Earth mods out there. The map will cover the main areas of Middle Earth, known in the books and films. So, Middle-Earth is waiting for you! Will you play as the descendant of one of the noble families of Rohan or Gondor? Will you try to reforge the ancient kingdoms of Elves in Eriador? Or will you try to destroy all the Free Peoples, and claim Middle Earth for Morgoth? This mod will give you a unique strategy experience of the Third Age in Middle-Earth. From Forodwaith to Bellakar, from Lindon to Rhûn, lead your dynasty and survive the Dark Times. Become one of the most important Lords of the Age!

Forum Thread
Some bugs in 0.3.1 (Games : Crusader Kings II : Mods : CK2: Middle Earth Project (CK2:MEP) : Forum : Bug Reports : Some bugs in 0.3.1) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 24 2014 Anchor

Version of CK II: 2.1.6
Version of mod: 0.3.1

Found a few bug that don't seem to have been reported yet. First, in the kingdom of Cardolan, the counties of Argond and Alandor seem to be switched for the case of movement (eg. when you move a unit to Argond it shows the unit sitting in Alandor and visa versa).

Second, I have started a few games as various races and each game I get the event message about confronting my wife about her lover and sometime I get the reverse event message from the wife about my lover. This event has been happening regardless of either of us having a lover and is a minor nuisance.

Third, I was playing a WOTR game as Durin's folk and had pressed into Gundabad, the Misty Mountains, and Moria. Had had built up quite a bit and had de jure claims on a good chunk of Mordor I was attempting to fight Sauron in an attempt to claim any/all Dwarven rings (pretty sure that mechanic isn't in the game). The end result was the game destabilized and crashed no matter what I did. Unfortunately it was not a specific event, it just seemed to happen at a random point after reloading the save. I have been unable to reproduce that level of instability in any other game so far...

I have found a few other bugs and spelling errors but didn't write them down, I'll try to post them when I run into them again. Fantastic job so far, I am loving this mod and can see it has a lot of potential, keep up the good work!

Started another dwarf game (kinstrife bookmark), have the same instability as my previous game but it seems linked to the game speed being x3-x4. The game doesn't crash so much as it just freezes and quits responding. In any case I run the game at x3-x4 till it crashes, then reload and go at x2 speed till I get past the crash point, then I speed it back up again with no issue till the next time (this works some times). I wonder if there is an event such as the dragon event that is trying to activate but crashes?

I did trigger the Balrog event in Moria, but there seemed to be a lack of messages letting me know what happened. All I know is my dwarf king approached the Balrog to attack and apparently didn't die. There was to message stating the results of the face-off but I assume my king won somehow.

The Erebor tax bonuses don't seem to actually provide a bonus at the moment. I am referring to the "Trade between Erebor and Dale" and the "Iron and Copper fro Erebor" status's for you capital resulting from mining in Erebor. I checked my tax income before and after and there was no change:(

Sep 28 2014 Anchor

Also it seems colonisation and purging is still bugged for I created a new game and no matter what, It will eventually stop working.

Sep 28 2014 Anchor

Yeah, I still have it even after the fix on the colonization forum post. Mt Gundabad seems to be a consistent problem in this regard all though there are other territories that seem to have the same issue.

Sep 29 2014 Anchor

It's a real shame considering the enjoyment i get from this mod that I cannot continue due to this.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.