This is a full conversion Tolkien mod for Crusader Kings 2 which will feature bookmarks throughout the Third Age. This mod is being developed independently from any other LotR or Middle Earth mods out there. The map will cover the main areas of Middle Earth, known in the books and films. So, Middle-Earth is waiting for you! Will you play as the descendant of one of the noble families of Rohan or Gondor? Will you try to reforge the ancient kingdoms of Elves in Eriador? Or will you try to destroy all the Free Peoples, and claim Middle Earth for Morgoth? This mod will give you a unique strategy experience of the Third Age in Middle-Earth. From Forodwaith to Bellakar, from Lindon to Rhûn, lead your dynasty and survive the Dark Times. Become one of the most important Lords of the Age!

Forum Thread
Bugs for 0.2.1 (Games : Crusader Kings II : Mods : CK2: Middle Earth Project (CK2:MEP) : Forum : Bug Reports : Bugs for 0.2.1) Locked
Thread Options
May 8 2014 Anchor

First off, downloaded the mod yesterday. And I love it! Great addition to a great game, so thanks!

Already seen some of the bugs I found posted, but two I haven't seen:

Both when playing as the Witch-King and the King of Rhudaur, during the witch-king's attack on the throne (after the hillmans initial failure) the special events troops for the Witch-King keep spawning. And when playing as the Witch-King they continue to do so even after winning the war.

Also, some Orcs in the Witch-King's court have a Nazgul picture and are birthing children on their own, without a wife etc.

Thanks again guys, keep up the good work!

May 9 2014 Anchor

Thanks for your support and for these reports!
We'll try to fix most of the bugs for the next patch!

May 15 2014 Anchor

Hi again, my runtime error stopped after reinstaling the game, but i found another: im playing as gundabad orc in 'The Fall of Arnor' scenario, i can summon warg riders, but their stats is 0/0/0 so i can only use them in siedges (i know, life-hack :P), could u tell me how to change that?

May 15 2014 Anchor

This problem will be fix in the next update. if you want to fix it by yourself, go to your MiddleEarthProject Beta/common/retinue_subunits, and open the file you'll find there. Change any "horse_archers" unit types to a "light_cavalry" for exemple, and it'll works !

May 17 2014 Anchor

Thanks, it helped :) anotger thing: orcs are creatures of melkor, they even have this trait, but i cannot form kingdom of Mordor playing as orc... is it a bug? in my playthrough, necromancer of dol guldur ended up as a duke in emyn galen kingdom, so i dont think that he will return to mordor:)

May 17 2014 Anchor

Only Sauron (or a Maia) is able to create the empire title of Mordor ;)
For the other bug, we fixed it by making the "Kingdom of Dol Guldur" a de_jure title instead of a titular one, and some new events/decisions for the Necromancer will allow him to conquer the Mordor back ;)

Jun 13 2014 Anchor

I have some bugs to report for 0.2.1b:

1. As Rohan, I conquered Minas Tirith for myself from Mordor. But then I started getting spammed with dozens of "Ride of the Rohirrim" event messages, seemingly attached to individuals around Middle Earth. I couldn't play the game anymore.

2. One of my provinces, Isengard, is stuck on "being settled." I can click "colonise Isengard" in the Intrigue menu but no gold is ever subtracted from my treasury (even when I deliberately click a button that says "Lose 100.0 gold") and the state of the province never changes. It is my capital province.

3. The Quest of the Ring is stuck. Frodo is 150 years old and still has the Ring and the King hasn't returned. I think it may be related to the fact that at one point during the War of the Ring, Sauron lost a tyranny revolt and was replaced on the throne of Mordor by the Mouth. So now there's no Sauron and the War of the Ring is in some sort of weird limbo.

4. Not sure if this one is a bug: I barely make any money and my army isn't very large. Rohan is now 4x the size it used to be and my ruler is popular, yet I make 1 gold per month and the size of my army has only increased by a couple thousand. I'm doing all the usual things that I used to do in normal CK2 so I have no idea why my margins are so slim. Does this have something to do with the wilderness system?

Not that bugs 2-4 matter, haha. Because bug 1 has already rendered it completely unplayable.

Anyway, I really enjoyed playing this mod and I plan to play again. It is really well done.

Jul 10 2014 Anchor

Hey I have a bug during the war of the ring, whenever I raise a levy my game always crashes

Jul 10 2014 Anchor

I guess you're playng with the latest version of CKII (2.1.6). We're making the compatibility patch, and we'll release it with a next update soon!

Jul 12 2014 Anchor

If i can add anything but for all of you who cant play since of the update go to your CkII folder ( Documents>Paradox) then right click on the file and restore it to the previous version (the latest one) i can play this mod for hours and no crash. And i found a bug recently i was Rhuduar and then the usual happened a hillsman makes a claim then he declares war and i prepare my men for battle and kill him so the war ends and years later i get the event that he has got more allies then i thought and i guess that gives Angmar more men but then after that i got another event that talked about how i made a diplomatic treaty with the hillman but Angmar want to conquer anyway and im guessing that gave him some event troops too , so now he has two 16k stacks wrecking the joint.

Great mod all the same just a bit more challenge

Edited by: Blueknight1706

Jul 12 2014 Anchor

Thanks for this report, it´ll help us to fix this bug!

Jul 18 2014 Anchor

I don't know if this is a bug but I can't colonize any of the wilderness territories using the intrigue decision. This might just be me not knowing how to use it but could I get some help?
Thanks

I can only colonize my original capitol province

Jul 18 2014 Anchor

You just need to send your steward in one wilderness province, and then you'll be able to colonize this province. By default, the steward is in your court, so at your capital. Look at the actions of the concellors, and select "colonize a province". Send your steward where you want to colonize, and it'll works well ;)
Be sure to use the last patch by the way 0.2.2.1b, who solved some bugs related to these events.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.