This is a full conversion Tolkien mod for Crusader Kings 2 which will feature bookmarks throughout the Third Age. This mod is being developed independently from any other LotR or Middle Earth mods out there. The map will cover the main areas of Middle Earth, known in the books and films. So, Middle-Earth is waiting for you! Will you play as the descendant of one of the noble families of Rohan or Gondor? Will you try to reforge the ancient kingdoms of Elves in Eriador? Or will you try to destroy all the Free Peoples, and claim Middle Earth for Morgoth? This mod will give you a unique strategy experience of the Third Age in Middle-Earth. From Forodwaith to Bellakar, from Lindon to Rhûn, lead your dynasty and survive the Dark Times. Become one of the most important Lords of the Age!

Forum Thread
Bugs 0.3.1b Beta (2.1.6) (Games : Crusader Kings II : Mods : CK2: Middle Earth Project (CK2:MEP) : Forum : Bug Reports : Bugs 0.3.1b Beta (2.1.6)) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 1 2014 Anchor

Hi! I just want to thank you for this fantastic mod! Also, I've encountered a few bugs while playing. The following are the ones I can remember or that I've made a note of.

I use CK2 v. 2.1.6; MEP 0.3.1b Beta; and these DLCs: Old Gods, The Republic, Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam and Rajas of India.

*** Playing as Arthedain at around 10300, the palantir events seem broken. I keep getting calls from other palantir holders about joining wars, but neither of the choices I can pick in the message window seem to do anything. [Also, not a bug, but it seems strange that my vassal who holds the towers at Elestirion can bar me, the king, from using the palantir when going on a pilgrimage there.]

*** Playing as the Eothed at around 10300 (I think), I noted that something is wrong with the Eothed culture. The ruler I got was Ch.ID 9027 and my heir was 9028. Their culture was listed as "noculture" and not as Eothed. This also had the weird effect of giving them the racial trait Great Eagle after playing a few days. When I switched their culture to Northmen in the characters file, the problem stopped, so it definitely seems to be something funny going on with the Eothed culture.

*** The army positions in the two provinces Argond and Alarond (in Eriador) are switched, meaning that when an army goes to one of the provinces, on the map it actually looks like it moves to the other province.

*** The positions of fleets when in port are off in many provinces in the the south (Bellakar, Umbar), making the fleets end up inland. Fleets levied in the province of Narik-Zadan (in Bellakar) get stuck, and can't move at all.

*** I've encountered a couple of settlement names that come up wrong, loking like "b_province_name" when it should be "Province Name" (without the quotation marks). I haven't made note of exactly where, so this might not be very helpful...

*** Something strange is happening to the trade zones. Both Lindon and the republic in Umbar can build trade posts in the Sea of Rhun and also in the lake in Dale.

*** The event message "Dangerous Times" that says that I once again can call on the help of the Dunedain doesn't seem to do anything - there is only one choice to make ("They are precious allies", or something), but nothing comes of it.

*** Not a bug per se, but the capital in Arthedain should be Annuminas and then later, when it is moved, Fornost. Now two other provinces are instead used.

*** After re-uniting Arnor a message event lets me choose a new name for my king, but the message starts by saying "You're the king of Gondor".

*** Building Dirt Roads seem to lower the tax income of a province. It seems wrong that it's better to have no roads at all than Dirt Roads.

*** I keep getting Wilderness or Moors "characters" showing up at my court. "They" also keep getting married.

This is the stuff I have noted down/can remember at the top of my head (aside from other stuff that has been mentioned by others, like getting a message popping up that you cant get rid of, when you start playing as the Witch-King). Hopefully this helps somewhat.

Best regards and, again, thank you for all your wonderful work with this project!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.