A standalone expansion of the Call of Warhammer experience. Fewer scripts, unlocked gameplay, brand new factions, new continents, dozens of new units, new music, and much more.

Forum Thread
Error 0xc0000142 4gb (Games : Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms : Mods : Call of Warhammer: Beginning of The End Times : Forum : Questions and Answers : Error 0xc0000142 4gb) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 26 2017 Anchor

Hi,

After applying the 4gb patch, i can't launch the game ; i've the error 0xc0000142,"impossible to launch".

If i don't apply it, i can launch the game but it crashes later randomly, of course.

Any ideas ?

Thank you very much for your help !!

(reinstall, Large Address Aware, have already been tested)

?

Apr 23 2017 Anchor

exact same problem, w 7 64 bit

Apr 27 2017 Anchor

run it all as admin, make sure your .exe's are not set to read only

Aug 16 2017 Anchor

I have done everything you wrote down in the article section , i watched both of the installation videos , my .NET and my Medieval 2 Total War is up to date , i have done the 4GB patch and the Large Adress Aware but its still giving me the ''0xc0000142'' error please can you help me?

Aug 16 2017 Anchor

not if you give the mod a 1 review out of frustration. infact you might have been the straw that broke the camels back im done working on this. 99% of people have got it working so you are obviously doing something wrong. HOW DO YOU REVIEW A MOD YOU HAVE NOT EVEN PLAYED!?

Edited by: tomdoof

Aug 16 2017 Anchor

Well you are right i gave the mod a 1 review out of frustration i've been trying to make it work like a week. But you are right this mod doesnt deserve 1 review.

Aug 17 2017 Anchor

I don't think that 99% of people got this mod working, because i've got the same problem. It seems that for some people mod dosen't work on the cd verision of MD2, because that's the verision I have. Also, after using the 4gb patch other mods and vanilla MD2 stoped working although they were working before.

Aug 17 2017 Anchor

Well its extremely easy to register you medieval 2 copy on steam so I would advise you do that if the CD version is giving you issues. one of our mod team members have the cd version so I know it works, dont know what you guys are doing different or what the deal is but just register it on steam(if you have a cd key) problem solved.

Aug 19 2017 Anchor

To me it happens the same and I have the original game, someone could lend a hand because I had to reinstall the game because I'm going the other mods?

Aug 25 2017 Anchor

dont reinstall the Games just reverse the changes the 4gb p did to yer exe... but why no one answer this problem ... really want to play the campaign nicely u-u

Aug 25 2017 Anchor

Unfortunately, the problem remains unsolved. I don't know what's causing it and I've tried almost everything. So, I'll copy and paste my pc configuration, so maybe you guys can find out.

System: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel Core I5-200 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.70 GHz

RAM: 8,00 GB

System Type: 64 Bit

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 670 GTX

DirectX Verision: DX 11

Framework Version: 4.7

MS Visual C++ Version: 2015 (x86) 14.0.23918.0

MD 2 Version: 1.5.2.0

That's it. Ask if u need something else.

Someone even cares about our problem ?

Edited by: Molord

Aug 25 2017 Anchor

I have the same problem, I tried to use both the 4 GB patch and the large address aware. If I do not patch the executables, instead, the game starts but crashes every turn with the message: "We've failed to stop the end times! Chaos has doomed the world!"

Aug 25 2017 Anchor

Throne of Terra its like no one give a damn about our problem xD i Man its th same at every single post/thread about tis I encounter

Sep 11 2017 Anchor

Hey guys,i personally have Pirated version and steam version,and i have found out that pirated version after you did everything as is in guide -cannot be launched its says Error 0xc0000142 yea and that becouse its pirated, but i tried same proces with steam version and works immediately with NO Error 0xc0000142 so solution for this thread is only and you have to buy in game in steam.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.