Call of Chernobyl is a free-play sandbox mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Call of Pripyat created by TeamEPIC. It features 32 explorable maps, reworked level design and level fixes, new original level, Trucks Cemetery, Full AI and A-Life overhaul, engine and script enhancements, Repeatable task system which bases itself on A-Life events, Customizable weather environments for every map as well as surges and psi-storms from AF3, Character creation which includes name, portrait and faction selection; Several optional modes such as Ironman mode, story mode and zombie survival mode, New achievements, rankings and reputation system, PDA leaderboard and enhanced PDA statistics, Companion system with keyboard issued commands, many optional side-features and community-made addons . Call of Chernobyl was player's choice Mod of the Year 9th place in 2015 and 1st place in 2016!

Forum Thread
CoC 1.4.10 - Dead on Save Load (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl : Forum : Support : CoC 1.4.10 - Dead on Save Load) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 16 2016 Anchor

Alright so, I've really been trying to enjoy this mod with the CTDs without errors, pure virtual function call errors that require me to sign out of my computer, and just the general instability, but I've been putting up with it. Up until recently at least, because now whenever I load any save from my current game I get the death text before even pressing anything, and when I do press anything my character just crumples to the ground as the visuals load. This happens on all of my saves now, I didn't change anything, I've loaded these exact saves before, but now I just die. every. time.

My current game is set up with CoC 1.4.10, AO3, and Full Simulation A-Life. I've never seen anything like this happen, it's complete nonsense, please tell me someone has some idea of what is going on? It's not a crash, CTD, or other traditionally logged error, so I'm not entirely sure if there is anything I can provide here.

Oct 27 2016 Anchor

same here that keeps happening to some save files in 1.14.13 also EXTREMELY ANNOYING HERE

Edited by: TheBreadMan

--

Dead Space landscape concept art

Nov 6 2016 Anchor

I believe it has to do with surviving a blowout and it not properly ending.

I ran into the issue when I tried to rest at a bed, but it said "you would be crazy to rest during this" as if an emission/blowout was active.

When I saved and reloaded, got the death on load, and heard birds dropping... so I think the whole scripted event didn't go through right.

What I did to resolve this, was enable to debug menu (addin -dbg to a shortcut).. and used the console command d_god on before loading the game.... survived loading, disabled it and moved on.

Nov 10 2016 Anchor

! Can't find texture 'map\map_l12u_control_monolith'
* phase time: 6432 ms
* phase cmem: 314209 K
* phase time: 9 ms
* phase cmem: 314209 K
* [win32]: free[2773504 K], reserved[93700 K], committed[1327036 K]
* [ D3D ]: textures[593188 K]
* [x-ray]: process heap[314209 K], game lua[23368 K], render[262 K]
* [x-ray]: economy: strings[21938 K], smem[23111 K]
task_functor.under_faction_control_target_id is nil
stack trace:

0023:04D02625 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()

Nov 22 2016 Anchor

I had never ever had this problem, but then I drank like 10 vodkas, ate tourists breakfast, went to sleep and got CTD. Then upon loading save (1sec before I went to sleep) I was dead when loaded!

Did g_god on workaround.

PS, it was right after Emission.

Edited by: smarch

Jan 17 2017 Anchor

Help, game works perfectly until i go into jupiter, when i go everything it's fine, Killed some pseudogiants, zombies, boars, etc.

Later, i try to go back into the Red Forest and when the game is loading, i just get the message i'm death...at the loading screen, clicked to start, DED.
Go to main menu, load again, DED, try to load different file i do in jupiter: DED
another one: DED
Ded(i mean that i'm dead)
Before i go into jupiter... i was in red forest. I try again to load the save when i was in red forest and everything works perfectly. But, if i save in jupiter, whereaver i go, in the middle of the loading screen when the loading screen is just finished...again, this says i'm dead... any fix?. I tryed to use g_god but doesn't worked

Jan 21 2017 Anchor

Yep, mod of the year......

Mar 18 2017 Anchor

Posted this as new problem a couple of days ago. Sounds like the same issue you're having.

Running Call of Chernobyl 1.4.12 with no mods on Win10. Loving it.

However, I've had intermittent problems with emissions in both Zaton and Jupiter.
What happens is:

• The emissions siren goes off.
  • I receive no "Get into Shelter" message.
  • I've dashed to what should be a shelter - in one case, the mobile lab in Jupiter; also the building or the derelict boat (with the monolith guard, the door and the dog) near the scar anomaly in Zaton.
  • I have not received the "Stay Sheltered" message.
  • I take no damage from the emssion.
  • I save at any point after the emssion alarm goes off, or after the all-clear has sounded
  • As soon as I reload that save, I am immediately "Lost to the Zone".

Frustrating, and it means that I know I can die at any point, arbitrarily. If I hear the siren go up and don't receive a message, I'm dead - I need to reload a previous save.

Any ideas?

Apr 20 2017 Anchor

Same exact issue as DaiLlaffyn. A fix for this would be appreciated.

May 2 2017 Anchor

I too have the same problem as DaiLlaffyn he explained the issue very well, iv also never had it happen in anywhere other then Zaton or Jupiter.

Listen if anyone knows a fix i and most likely everyone here would be VERY GRATEFUL.

Nothing worse then having this immersive moment on my stream where im running to cover with my buddy Yamika, got people that have never seen stalker before are like :O loving it, and all im feeling inside is FUUUUUCK its Gliiiiiiiitched and eventually have to reload the scene let the emission play out again in hopes that it will actually work properly (seldom it does) it literally has derailed my stream a few times because of how game breaking it is, and because its compelled me to google fixes right there on the spot for being so mad and this is the only thing iv found ! Rant over...

Plz fix i would be forever grateful sir ! \o/

Also kinda forgot, using g_god on completely fucked my game crazy amount of errors were showing up in debug after i did that, its as if the game was still trying to initialize something, frames suffered a tiny amount huge lag spikes that would freeze the game starting happening like crazy with the occasional crash during the freeze and was unable to save my game or talk to a trader without it crashing after i used g_god on to get by the glitched emission, so thats not an option as it really fucks with the engine.

Reloaded a clean save went to the same area as the errors and got nothing also could save my game and it was not freezing.

So the real only work around for this glitch, is to A) Sleep the emission off B) Leave Jupiter or Zaton before the emission or C) reloaded the fucking game before the emission and hope it works with your butt clenched.

I DO NOT recommend C :(

Edited by: Twitch/MojoRising

Oct 31 2017 Anchor

I know this is a little bit late, but hopefully it can help somebody else out who was a bit late to the party like me. I bought Call of Pripyat and CoC two days ago and was having a blast until I started having the same problem- before I begin though I'd like to preface this by saying that I don't really have any knowledge of how or why this works, so I'll be sure to update this post if/when issues arise from it. Anyways, here's my fix:

The first step is a fresh installation of CoC- make sure to keep your original one though. It may or may not be worth noting that I did not launch the game until completing the other steps to this fix- it might not cause an issue but for the sake of guaranteeing results I recommend you follow my process exactly. Once your new CoC installation is all set up (make sure to go ahead and add your mods too, if any), go ahead and create a folder called "appdata" and within it another folder called "savedgames". access your original CoC directory, then your "appdata" folder, and the n your "savedgames" folder (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Chernobyl\appdata\savedgames) Once there you're going to select any (or all, if you like) of your save files and copy them into the savedgames folder you just created. Make sure that you copy all THREE files associated with each saved game; there's a DDS image, SCOC, and SCOP file for each one (I'm not certain that all three are necessary, but that's what I did and it worked). Once your saves have been imported to the new CoC installation, you're good to go!

It might be worth noting that I'm playing version 1.4.12, but this fix should work on older versions.

Edited by: Cyn_28

Mar 21 2018 Anchor

I don't know if anyone is still having this issue now, but I recently downloaded Coc and ran across the same problem. I figured out you can take anabiotics to force stop the emission and it fixed the problem for me.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.