Hello again, stalkers. Let's start the news talking about the teaser demo.
Teaser demo: 1.2 update
The demo has been updated to 1.2, the main points are:
performances are a lot better...
... with some nice new visuals too!
You can know select the performance mode when beginning a new game: select this mode if you still experience poor framerate. Performance mode does not mean Low details mode: it just removes some minor and/or not necessary demanding things. The game still looks good but runs fine, it was tested on an old 2007 laptop to be sure. So try this mode if needed, and if you have any problem, leave a comment and details about your configuration.
[iF.] - Cadaver Party Ep. 1 still needs a powerful computer for the High details mode, even if the general performance increased.
- ... the French localization was added - la traduction française a été ajoutée ! ;)
- You can see things better during dark times as well.
- Other tweaks, fixes, new elements, etc. were added. You can read the full changelog on the download page and try it for yourself!
That's it for the demo update, now let's check the rest of our items.
Quick news about the game and its beta
Recently I gave good news about the general progress:
Hey there! [iF.] is nearly ready! Only thing that is left is some code (~80% is done) + little details. Enjoy the end of the year! @gamedev— Yanka S. (@Yanka_Prod) December 24, 2015
Progress remained very good, now I can say the biggest part of work left is coding for 2 remaining maps. I'll have to finish some mapping details for 2 maps as well. That's it, the rest of the maps is OK.
I worked hard on optimization (hey, I always read each one of your comments & messages and this was a major problem) those recent times and it was worth it. My private beta testers gave me very good feedback regarding this: now the game looks visually better but it runs better as well! Isn't it great? You can already see a glimpse of this (hard) work in the demo which was just updated to include those cool things!
I also have to finish writing some text strings/notes. After I got a polished English localization, I'll do the French one. There will be at least those two languages included on release day.
To me, everything else looks ready, let's check things up:
- SFX, should not be updated any more. All ready.
- Voices? We'll see if we get some included. My DJ console died recently, no luck at all. I have to buy a kit to manually reprogram the EPROM so I cannot use it for now. I made some tests using my default sound chipset, it sorted out well (to my surprise). It's not a priority but maybe there will be voices, no promise.
- Soundtrack? Ready, worked during several hours finding good tracks which I could use without copyright problems. A lot of efforts was put on preparing, cutting, creating loops, etc. to get something pro. I'll put my hands on a new mixtape in the very close future so I'll be able to add one or two more tracks! So far the beta feedback regarding the Soundtrack is very positive.
- Textures, models, etc., they are all set.
What is the plan now?
The plan is simple: finish the game development, I'm pretty exited because not much is left to do. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
When I'll get this 100% build, I'll make a last private beta session, inviting the winners of the recent beta giveaway too!
Then after a few tweaks and magic fixes, I'll publish a release candidate build for final testing. To conclude: the public 1.0 build will be released for all of you and this will be the end of a veeeeery long ride! Plus don't worry, I'll keep updating the final mod after its release if needed. Of course. ;)
I think that's it for today.
I hope you will be there to the rendez-vous when the time will come!
Thanks for your messages and your feedback.
Thanks for waiting. I can understand some of you have... "difficulties" to wait, just remember one thing: I make this alone! I don't have deadlines. I am a perfectionist. I am not paid. It's free.
Peace. Love. Understanding. ;)
See you very soon fellow stalkers, I'm very exited.
The clock stops~