Blue Portals is a unique Portal mod that forces players to use only the blue portal only version of the Portalgun.
I was never a big fan of the Project Alpha portal emitters or the Portals, especially. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure plenty of others would disagree.
But may I ask, why no cobblestone?
if you'r serious, you picked the wrong day to update... if not, good joke lol.
Oh, I get it now.
Weather if it is a joke or not is up to you. It can happen, you know. ;)
Well, if that's the case, then I'll be genuinely honest with you: This looks far worse than any released version of Blue Portals, and I could even say it's arguable that the 2008 version looks better.
The textures are duller, and from a distance look like solid color. The cobblestone walls are one of the key features that gave BPDC such an amazing atmosphere, and I would really hate to see it go. I dislike how you toned down the shade of the glass, while I really loved the cerulean hues it had in most test chambers. As for the Portals and Portal Emitters, I can't stand them; the emitters you created a while back fit much better, and I remember being literally tortured when playing Portal: Unity whenever I had to look at a Portal. The high definite doors used in Blue Portals 2 look slightly out of place in the Portal engine. And finally, you got rid of your signature smiley-faced-indicator-lights and replaced them with pure color. I dislike this.
Yeah, I agree, but you know, the textures WERE probably just imported from BP1, so maybe they're remaking it? If not, I don't really care about textures, the chambers is what really defines gameplay, not aesthetics.(Even though aesthetics is good to have) Also ERMAHGERD ITS BACK!
Yes, but it's not the same... though admittedly, I do like the puzzle in this test chamber.
Some of the textures look good to my perspective, like the buttons, and the doors, and the...what's it called? The thing that goes from the button to the thing it activates. Whatever that thing is. The portals look interesting, I feel like i've seen it before, was it the texture from the original?
1) The indicator lights? I don't really mind the indicator lights, doors, and button models myself, but I personally can't stand the duller textures, lack of cobblestone, and Portals.
2) Also, I believe that the Portals were modified from Project Beta, Youtube.com
3) Why does everyone think that this is a port-over of Blue Portals to Portal 2? It's obviously not, because they would probably be using Portal 2 models instead of Portal ones and, as far as I'm concerned, no one has figured out a way to change the look of the Portals in Portal 2.
4) And BAH, I don't I can really care about aesthetics that much; I don't think I could say no to more BP Campaign regardless of how it looks.
1. It has cobblestone. Just not in these two screenshots.
2. Yes, they were. You should see the secondary portal. It's not Orange.
3. Thank you. But people have figured out how to change the portals in Portal 2. The same person who made these portals, actually.
4. To each his own. Also these textures don't look right to me, either. I think Reepblue did something to them.
The secondary Portal isn't orange? That's interesting. Maybe green, or red? I've seen those colors in Portal 1 mods.
It's not purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, or red. Or any variant of those colors. Thought it may be a combination.
Well...I was derping around some profiles, and found THIS!http://www.moddb.com/members/reepblue/images/blue-portals-2-canceled1#imagebox
On reep's profile...from none other than BP2...so...just maybe you are making BP2 in Portal 1? Doubtful, even though you said you weren't. Just making a couple connections.
You are not logged in, your comment will be anonymous unless you join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) which we encourage all contributors to do.
2000 characters limit; HTML formatting and smileys are not supported - text only