Battlefleet Gothic is the game of spaceship battles in the dark future of the 41st millennium. Fleets of enormous starships engage in ship-to-ship combat among the darkness of the galaxy in a struggle for the domination of the Gothic Sector! All the action takes place in the game as you match wits and skill against your opponent. This modification is a total conversion of the base game and replaces the cityscapes and barren wastelands of Dawn of War with the endless cold void of space. Gone are the men and women under your command; you fight with battlecruisers and arcane relics inbetween the stars themselves!
This is the first public beta for Battlefleet Gothic. The intention was for a first, full release, but studies and work got in the way. Rather than continue to wait – we thought it best to release this as a taster. So there is not as much polish as we hoped – there are bugs to remove, icons to remove, animations to redo and a lot of fx to do. With my schedule as it is, the fully polished edition will be the end of this week.
This is the first public beta for Battlefleet Gothic. The intention was for a first, full release, but studies and work got in the way. Rather than continue to wait - we thought it best to release this as a taster. So there is not as much polish as we hoped - there are bugs to remove, icons to remove, animations to redo and a lot of fx to do. With my schedule as it is, the fully polished edition will be the end of this week.
Unzip into the Dark Crusade base folder.
CURRENT BUG LIST.
- Terminus Est holds the placeholder of a standard Despoiler Battleship.
- Untextured Chaos HQ.
- Chaos structures unanimated, to follow with a later patch.
- Chaos vessels are unanimated - to follow.
- No models for listening posts.
- Some pathfinding issues.
- No custom gamemodes - to follow.
- Leviathan, Longinus and the Conqueror are also outdated models.
- Blackstone Fortress is corrupted.
- Mars and Overlord are unbuildable - fix to follow.
- Several of the maps lack minimaps/are unfinished.
- Custom menu art to follow.
- Custom icons, voices and overall polish.
- Unit caps needed.
- Sacrilege builder ship does not reinforce.
- Chaos Boundary Marker is much smaller.
- Iconoclast: same; very small in comparison with IN Cobras
- Idolator: No model? (CSM tanks placeholder)
- Desecration Yards: don't produce all cruisers/grand cruisers with Nurgle fleet choice. (to be tested later with other patron deities)
- Firestorm / Sword share the same model
- Gothic has Pink Cube of Doom
- Dominator: position light FX is single, huge and set beneath the ship; Nova Cannon is absent (no selector icon)
- Lunar: no position light FX; Torps are absent (no selector icon)
- Retribution: no FX (exhausts or position lights)
- Emperor: position light FX disappear when moving
- Mars & Overlord not accessible (no vermillion Level research available)
- Unit speech is all over the place, using a combination of vanilla Chaos, Imperial Guard and Tau speech files.
- Mod still uses vanilla loading screen and frontend menu artwork.
- Unit responsiveness and pathfinding can be quite bad, especially with squadrons.
- Remnants of any race inside are meaningless. Ignore them. Imperial and Navy only.
Any others - please report!
THE CURRENT BUILD IS A BETA - ORIGINAL INTENTION WAS A FINAL RELEASE.
Updates will be frequent across this week, with tomorrow/Tuesdays adding the full Chaos fleet, fully 3d.
In no order of importance -
- The guys from MRIT for putting up with us for so long, both on IRC and elsewhere: particularly Kresjah, for his code insight and general support, and Lleman, for his TT knowledge and help with design documents
- All of our internal playtesters, particularly fuggles for his feedback and design contributions
- Fixer, for helping out greatly with texture work
- #art, for dealing with our mod-related spam over the past few months
- Everyone who has contributed to the BFG project over the years, in any capacity. - Relic for making the game in the first place and providing the mod support necessary
No aspect of this mod is to be used in any modification, at all, without first checking with Heretic or Gorb. Including assets and code - it has been eight years of work and we would like to know if you want to use them and for you to ask - but generally, so long as you ask, replies will generally be favourable.