New base version for famous Battle for Elements mod
Outstrip Baal and assemble Universum Control Center before he will do it!
Difficulty of Mod is increased in comparison with vanilla Lord of Destruction :).
Mod for Diablo 2 with accent on cube recipes. Also have many other features such as:
> Two new character’s statistics: Luck and Endurance.
> Strength of monsters is increased by various ways as well as strength of characters.
> New monsters, new items, new areas.
> New runewords system.
> New magic properties for items.
... and many, many other things. :)
BATTLE FOR ELEMENTS
[23 May 2015]
- Drop system was reworked. Now you will gain items with more appropriate item levels.
- Stat requirements on items were reworked heavily. Really heavily. Now you need to invest seriously into strength, dexterity and energy to equip powerful weapons. For example: Matriarchal Pike requires 1083 points of strength and 1624 points of dexterity. Elder Staff requires 904 points of strength, 452 points of dexterity, and 1355 points of energy (yes, energy). Additionally, you need to keep an eye on item soul requirements too as weapon souls carry over approx. 25% of item stats requirements now. For example: you extract a soul from a War Axe (this weapon requires 320 strength) and you'll get an item soul with "+80 to Strength Requirements" property that will add up to the stats requirements of an item you insert this soul to.
- There is new version of launcher by Alf. Please, test it. :)
- 2 new sets: Fancy Dress (player' fun set by IGran) and Want to be a Shooter (player' fun set by lordvampir).
- New killcounter was added. Thanks to dav92 from PhrozenKeep. :) Now the counter will be increased after each kill made by you, your hireling or your minions.
- New game select sreen by Ice_instinct.
- New elemental fragments by k0r3l1k.
- Catacombs (Act 1) are big now again.
- Containers were revisited. Now you can get more appropriate items from it, normal items from civilian containers, exceptional items from scientist containers, and elite items from military containers. Penalties for wrong opening process were changed to Luck -10, -30, and -50 respecively. Also, the items for scientist containers correct opening process were changed too, please, examine these containers carefully.
- "+5 to Summon Resist" was removed from Wisdom Crossroads as useless.
- Dream in Steam, Melt in Plasma, Live in Clouds sets: elemental masteries on rings are bonuses for 4 set items now instead of 3.
- You can reach 7 modifiers on Ring of All Wonders instead of 5.
- Evil urns were removed from Kurasts.
- Crafted items now get additional required level based on following formulae: ilvl of the item increases by 1 + the number of rare affixes.
- Chances to obtain Legendary items are greatly increased!
- "Favorite Talisman + 10 Synapses" recipe bonus was changed from "+20 to Mana" to "+5 to Energy".
- Buckler Balancer can be used with all shields (including paladin shields and necromancer heads) now.
- Bug with possible multiply drop of Gambler Dice from Griswold.
- Bug with game crash on item which was cubed with Andariel blood.
- Wrong description on items which was cubed with act bosses blood.
- Mephisto blood now can be dropped.
- All act bosses blood now give proper modifiers to weapon.
- Blade Shield and Burst of Speed skills from Veil of Steel, Head Hunter's Glory and Spike Thorn unique items work now.
- Mimics now can be spawned in Moo Moo Farm.
- No more "Chance to Cast Chain Lightning on attack" modifier on rings and amulets.
- Throwing knives, throwing axes, javelins, pilums, short spears, balanced knives, balanced axes, glaives, throwing spears now can't be sold by vendors.
- Prayer now have correct description.
- Broken Act1 hireling skills were fixed.
- Bug where you can't insert throwing weapon soul in throwing weapon was fixed.
How to install:
- Make sure that You have Diablo2: Lord of Destruction with 1.10 patch.
- Uninstall BFE version 1.51 or any other version if you have it.
- Run BFE1.60setup.exe and follow installation instructions.
Battle for Elements 1.36 to 1.37 update pack (zip package)
Battle for Elements 1.35 to 1.36 update pack (zip package)