This mod aims to bring strategic combat to the Babylon 5 universe. We'll start off with the Earth Alliance vs. the Minbari and go from there once we have those two complete factions.
Most of the cons are minor things that are not totally gamebreaking, overall 8/10 scoring bonus points for modeling detail and overall gameplay, points lost for lack of EA repair capacity, limited tech tree and a slow moving AI.
- Its Babylon 5, what more can i say?!
- Ships, weapons and effects are highly detailed and true to the bab5 franchise, including the hyperspace effects.
- Ai not as "skittish" as other mods, intelligent enough to defend itself adequately.
- "capture mode" gameplay stymies "stiff leg" syndrome, encouraging players to fight over objectives to gain resources and ships, as well as the ability to hyperspace in reinforcements.
- Music from a cancelled Babylon 5 "Wing Commander" styled game, circa 1999.(See: Babylon 5: Into the Fire)
- Ships firepower and armor accurately represent those of Babylon 5.
- Currently has a limited tech/upgrade tree.
- Only 2 factions so far, also currently only has one game mode.
- No provision for Earth Alliance ships to repair, not even limited self-repairs, while Minbari ships all self repair over time - waiting on a unit that currently does not exist.
- Strike-craft combat can be a little weird with squadrons breaking and flying out obscene distances away from eachother.
- Starbases are very hard to hit unless you have a precise angle of attack, pulse cannons and beam weapons are the worst culprit here as the hardpoints seem to fix dead forward even on ships with turreted beams (Omega).
- Missile weapon velocity slower than strikes, also some missile attacks seem to just circle around their target rather than hit.
- AI somewhat dense when attacking, using single squads of fighters instead of caps and frigates to attack bases, even on highest difficulty settings.
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.