Welcome to an official update for the work in progress modification entitled the "Assassination Mod", for Crysis, which is being created by the Anarchy Productions team. Today, we have a new weapons update to show you.
For today's update, we have an update on three previously shown weapons, along with some renders of even more new weapon models that have been created for the modification. Another update, including updates on the level design, vehicle updates, and prop updates, will be released in the near future.
The team has recently acquired a talented UVW unwrapper and texturer, Midgard, and below we have his first piece of work for the modification that he has created, which is a texture for the RPG7 that team member aku123 previously modelled. The weapon will be rigged and animated for ingame use shortly. The below renders show both the RPG7 launcher and the rocket.
Benelli M3 Super 90
Next up, we have yet another weapon texture that new team member Midgard has created, for the previously shown Benelli M3 Super 90 weapon that was modelled by aku123. Again, the weapon will be rigged and animated for ingame use shortly. The below renders show both the weapon texture and two shell texture variants that have been created.
And yet another textured weapon we have to present to you, with the texture created by team member Midgard again, and the model having being created several months ago by team member aku123. The below renders show both the textured magazine and the textured weapon. the weapon will be rigged and animated for ingame use in the near future.
And now we have yet another new weapon model for the modification, the infamous Colt .45, again modelled by team member aku123. Some modelling work is still required, and after that it will be unwrapped, textured, rigged, animated and exported.
H&K UMP .45 & Barrett M107
And lastly for the weapons section, we have two more new weapon models, with them being the H&K UMP .45 and the Barrett M107. At the current moment, it is undecided if they will make it through to the final version of the modification.
The team is currently looking for some new talented recruits to join Anarchy Productions for work upon the Assassination Mod, with the following/below positions being open in the team. For more information on how to apply, be sure to check out the official recruitment thread on Crymod, which is located here.
- Character Rigger - The team is urgently in need of someone capable of rigging new character models to the standard Crysis/SDK rig, which will include skinning them to the standard biped, weighting them, and setting them up to be export ready.
- Weapons Animator - A weapons animator is required in the team to create multiple first-person animations for the various weapons in the Assassination Mod, which will involve animating the weapon concerned, and player arms. It is not necessary to know how to rig the weapons for ingame use, but if you are unable to rig them you must have a version of 3DS Max 2008 or above.
- Particle Creator - An experienced particle creator who is capable of creating dozens of new particle effects, ranging from explosions to bullet impacts, is needed.
- Prop UVW Unwrapper - We're in need of people who can UVW unwrap all the props created for the Assassination Mod. The position however is not urgent, and anyone who takes the position will likely only be given work occasionally.
- Prop Texturer - The team is currently in need of a prop texturer, who can texture various props. It would be preferable if you could UVW unwrap, although not absolutely necessary. The position however is not urgent, and anyone who takes the position will likely only be given work occasionally.
- Vegetation Modeller/Texturer - We're now in need of a vegetation modeller/texturer to create various new types of vegetation (Mainly trees) for the levels in the Assassination Mod.
- Vehicle Modeller/Texturer - The team is currently looking for another talented vehicle modeller/texturer who specializes in armoured ground vehicles, but would be willing to texture all types of vehicles. The position however is not urgent, and anyone who takes the position will likely only be given work occasionally.
- Level Designer - We're now looking for a talented and committed level designer to work on the Snowy/Icy level for the modification.
That's all for today's update, if you have any feedback/comments, or want to ask us a question, be sure to leave it for us here.
- Recruitment Thread: Assassination Mod - Open Positions
- Anarchy Productions Team