Age of Chivalry is a total conversion for Half-Life 2 currently being developed by Team Chivalry. We are a close group of friends who are dedicated to creating a fun story driven multiplayer experience set in a fantasy world in the medieval ages. We are creating a fast paced and fun first person melee combat system that will take the player to a new level of immersion. The players will be able to take part in sieges, town raids and open war in a story driven game. Our goal is to let the players write the history of the game as the teams battle it out over a sequence of user controlled map cycles depending on the victor. We want to take the overall experience to a new level of fun. All of our members have a solid modding background and we hope that you support our modification as it grows and develops!
The first bugfix and balance update is here! Please note that this is not a Content Release although some new content is present.
Posted by AgeofChivalry on Oct 22nd, 2008
List of changes:
* Stamina charge rate has been increased with 20%
* Network load reduced with 5-10%.
* Player twitching removed for carried objects.
* New trail effect for carried objects.
* Carried objectives can not be tossed into noclip areas.
* Sprint windup time increased to 2 seconds
* Fix for team switch exploit at spawn.
* Fix for crashing server with debug commands.
* Misc other fixes for random server crashes.
* Added Shield functionality to push blocking players out of the way.
* Support for menus in Sourcemod. Next Sourcemod release will give full AoC support.
* Updated and cleaned up objective information on class selection screen
* Players now spawn with main weapon.
* Autobalance added to teams- cvar "mp_teams_unbalance_limit" (default 1) was implemented
* Adjusted movement speeds of all classes.
* Adjusted Headshot importance and weapon damages.
* Adjusted Stamina cost for blocking and parrying.
* Longsword/Flamberge no shield now has slower swings.
* Increased stamina charge rate with 20%.
* Jump drain increased to compensate for higher stamina charge rate.
* New GUI design.
* Fix for selfglowing materials on models.
* Flail model is now 'ragdolled' in thirdperson view.
* Carryable CTF flags are 'ragdolled'.
* Throwable spear, adjusted pointing hand for easier targeting.
* Reduced polycount on several worldmodel weapons.
* All new hi-fi swing sounds, with their respective armor type sound when swinging
* New body fall sounds that reflect men in armor with weapons hitting the ground
* New guy on fire sounds
* VO balance tweaks and additions/changes
* All around volume mix tweaks
* Voices now sound like they are reverberating according to the area in which they sound
* Voices now stop on pain or death
* Footsteps now set up to be audible over distances to help hear an enemy approach
* Arrows in flight now how a sound
* Doors now have sounds
* Bugfixes for helms horn and loud mover sound bugs
* Bugfix for hit sound that would sometimes fire even when a hit wasn’t scored
* Map ambience tweaks and additions
* Tournament has been completely resounded
* New Age of Chivalry themesong
* New map victory songs for agathia and mason
* Fixed pushable objects (Battering ram,bombwagons) stopping randomly/not acting well with multiple pushers.
* Fixed Bombwagon on aoc_Battlegrounds appearing in the ground
* Fixed bridge building glitch with aoc_Battlegrounds
* Fixed aoc_Helms_Deep horn sound being obnoxiously loud and spammable
* Fixed aoc_siege spawns being unfair/crowded
* Fixed catapults being able to directly target spawns in aoc_siege.
* Fixed aoc_tournament 5 seconds to leave the room, extended to 10 and all doors made wider.
* Fixed various cosmetic issues with aoc_theshore
* Updated boiling oil kettle to new model instead of blocky brush
* Fixed various cosmetic issues with aoc_siege
* Fixed drawbridge delivers damage to players on aoc_siege
* Fixed objective information being incorrect on various maps
* Fixed blood decals in the air for Battlegrounds
* Fixed various other minor bugs on all maps
* Minor-major optimization on all maps