This member has provided no bio about themself...
Would be kinda nice if there was a cutscene at the end where you recruit Luke if your playing as Maul.
I emptied the MD2 files and only left the six files you mentioned. Still doesn't work though.
I finally figured it out, I typically load the mod from Jedi Academy but it turns out I have to load the mod through the Movie_Duels.bat file. So it was my mistake ultimately.
Sorry about that, but thanks for giving me those tips anyway.
Okay I will try that
Nope I didn't delete any of the old files, I even reinstalled the mod just to be sure. But nope the saber damage option isn't there.
Are you sure the lightsaber damage option and the corpse removal time isn't exclusive to your game, considering you are the creator. For all I know you might have a more updated version of the mod then I do. Yes I did apply the most recent bug fixes as well.
Thank you for replying quickly, but I don't see any lightsaber damage option in the options menu. I am pretty sure I looked through all of the options in the option menu.
Could you text me some instructions or post a pic on imgur so I can see that menu?
Literally all that's listed under options include,
1. Draw crosshairs
2. Identify target
3. slow motion death
4. 1st person guns
6. Model dismemberment
There's no lightsaber damage option to be seen on my end unless I am missing something.
Hey Tompa9, big fan of your work. I hope you don't mind if I compare your mod to Knights of the Force considering how similar they both are, though I do respect your iteration of the mod. But I do know two features that are in Knights of the Force that I would like to see in your mod if possible.
1. Could you make increased lighstaber damage an option? I know many of the bosses are designed with high health bars in order to make the fights feel longer and in turn feel closer to the films. Personally I want to play the missions on higher difficulty but I find it too grindy to fight the bosses since they usually have 300+ health. I prefer engaging in a duel with them knowing that my hits are lethal, and not just resist lethal saber stabs like their are freaking Wolverine (it's really immersion breaking). That way the duels are faster and if I feel more invested in fighting stragetically as compared to just hitting them over and over again. I know it's impossible to make the combat 100 percent accurate to the films since it is a game, but I feel that increased saber damage being an option
under the setup bar would be the right step in that direction.
2. Redesign the character selection to make it look more in the vein of Knights of the Force, specifically list the multiple costumes that the character has under one profile as compared to dedicating a character portrait to each individual costume. You can do whatever you like to the HUD, I just think it makes picking a character less tedious.
Anyway I am really enjoying how the mod is progressing so far. Just thought I make a few suggestions.
Agreed, thought I hope you add a new dark side mission to make up for its removal.
Is the Jango Fett Geonosis Arena mission going to be updated at all? It's currently too difficult to kill enemy Jedi since they counter most of your projectile weapons.
Congrats on the release of the beta, the new additions to the mod are very enjoyable. Really love the new textures and sound effects. However I do have a request for something to be added in future versions. I always loved the villains and playing from the dark side perspective in the Movie Duels missions. Especially when it comes to seeing the new endings that are generated from said missions. Specifically the Darth Maul ending of the Duel of the Fates mission where he cuts Obi-wan with his own lightsaber.
Could we have more new cutscenes for the dark side missions like the Darth Maul one I mentioned earlier? I feel that's its a very important moment in those missions to truly make you feel accomplished by being the bad guy.
In terms of a Ring Form for Dain at his prime, I like the idea that his rage would become all consuming. Kinda like the Hulk from Marvel comics. You could have a mechanic where Dain loses health when out of combat, but he has an op lifesteal melee attack to make up for it. Make his mount move faster as well, and have his abilities deal more damage.
I think this ring hero would be especially unique as compared to the other heroes, since the concept of the One Ring bringing out one's inner rage isn't explored as much as lust, selfishness, depression. More specifically the ring bringing out Dain's desire for battle, making him Chaotic Evil if that makes any sense.
Hey Logan, just letting you know I am excited to play the mod at my retirement party when I turn 65. Granted I am 22 years old now but I have a feeling I won't be able to play the mod until then.
See ya in 43 years.
Can we expect new force powers in future versions. I would really love to play as Starkiller and use his iconic Force Repulse ability.
Hey guys, love the mod. The Duel of the Fates mission is fantastic. I do have a concern, why is Boba Fett invulnerable? I swear I slashed him like 50 times with a lightsaber, threw grenades, force lightning. And he won't die. And don't tell its because he can survive in the Sarlacc Pit. His head can be just as easily cut off as his daddy Jango. Just saying
Will we see new Force Powers in future versions of the mod?
Well said, its inspiring in many ways to see a mod for an RTS being made by a group of very talented and devoted modders even if the road to finish it has been so long and arduous. Improving on a mod for ten years can be a huge toll on any team.
I respect what you guys are doing and I do agree you don't deserve the harsh criticisms towards your mod but I do think it would be nice to see the occassional blog post from you guys, even if its not related to mod progress. I really liked your Question of the Day posts, because I love hearing your analysis on games and Lord of the Rings lore. Its difficult as it is to find great RTS content in an age where games of that genre are too few and far in between.
Anyway you guys have been doing a great job with this mod over the years and I will be happy to see its evolution in the years to follow.
So if I am playing a 2 v 2 game as Imladris and I unlock Omniscience, will my teammates also be able to see the rest of the map or will it just be me?
Also I am concerned about the last Alliance of Elves and Men spellbook power. I hope you guys balanced it, but a pure siege ultimate ability sounds op if its anything like the classic Isengard bomb ultimate spellbook ability from version 4.0.
I guess we will find out when the ability goes public.
RIP Darth Caedus :(
That's a nice way to look at it, but within the context of this mod. If the creator is including the First Order, it probably means we won't get a New Jedi Order era in the mod at all. Meaning in this context both Legends and canon cannot exist in the same space.
Even though a New Jedi Order era mod is 1. more original 2. never been done before in Battlefront 2 3. more logical sense if this Battlefront mod is set within the Legends timeline.
1. We don't know if Juno and Starkiller will be in the final version of the mod.
2. Jyn, Krennic, and the First Order are going to be included in the new Battlefront 2 so players will likely have an opportunity to play some characters/factions in the new game.
3. There are plently of eras in Legends that would be more deserving to be included in the mod. The Old Republic Era, yes there are mods for it but I personally would like to see it receive the Battlefront 3 treatment. The Dark Times, or my top pick the New Jedi Order era from Legends.
An era that has been retconned by the new Disney canon. And an era that to my knowledge, has never been featured in a Battlefront mod.
That wasn't the point of my comment. The point was to promote the inclusion of Legends continuity characters. As I said I did think the designs are cool, and I am sure the creator of the mod will do a great job with making the First Order faction feel unique when it comes to incorporating weapons, classes, vehicles etc.
But that doesn't change the fact that there should be more Legends characters in this mod to support a continuity that has helped maintain interest in the Star Wars brand years after the original trilogy concluded.
Cool designs don't get me wrong but personally I think it would be better if you guys priotized Legends content considering that the memory of the Legends continuity is fading away in the eyes of the main Star Wars fan base.
Question, is the best way to disable Edain to get the Age of the Ring mod working is by disabling Edain through the launcher, or is there a more specific procedure?
I still think changing some of the basic gameplay elements will help make the mod more fun in the long run but you guys prefer to not change the game as radically as other ROTWK mods which is okay. Also I don't think turtling would be an issue if one were to simply limit the amount of buildings one could build in the game to prevent bases from being too powerful.
and have map control focus more on controlling inns for an economic advantage as compared to having more income buildings and protecting them. But that's probably just me, still its one of the best looking mods I have ever seen for the game and I am eager to see how the mod will evolve in future updates.
Good luck with future updates
Hey guys congrats on the release of Age of the Ring.
If I may ask will the economy system be changed in the future? I am not a big fan of how income buildings work because of how you have to move them so far from your base to get the most income even with a limit to the number of income buildings it can feel very arbitrary and forced to have to build your income buildings so far away and constantly guard them. It feels more like a chore to develop your economy rather than fun and intuitive.
As compared to reaching the maximum income rate early in the game in the early game and have both players devote most of their focus to figuring out the best way to destroy the other enemy base rather than devoting so much micro management time to finding places to build income buildings.
Hey guys, with Moddingunion crashing recently as well as the growing popularity of Discord, especially for fan modding communities. I thought I post this topic which I think is really significant for Edain as a whole. Take a look and feel free to post a reply.
Hey guys, I am the only one, or is the Moddingunion site not loading?
Since the Rohan Spellbook has come out I would like to ask.
Is it possible to make the central Spell 4 power points instead of five?
You guys said yourselves not every central power has to be 5 points, also I don't see how Sauron gaining a level is worth the extra 2 Power Points anyway. Maybe that's just me.
Here's my questions for the new Spellbook
1. Are the ravens permanent? since its a defensive power it would make sense if it was a permanent ability to go along with the whole building buff theme of the tree. This question also applies to the runes, I understand a building getting a permanent boost from Spellbook powers is probably not balanced in some ways but it would make sense of those powers were permanent to fit the theme of defensive trees. The last part of this question is will those buffs stack, for instance I buff the same building with a rune and ravens?
2. Wouldn't it be better to remove the Earthquake power and replace it with something else, I know its an iconic power from the vanilla game but I always felt it was very generic and didn't connect with the theme of the Dwarves beyond the whole Earth aspect of Dwarven culture. Compare it to the Fires of Isengard, that power works because we see Saruman's minion commence the bomb explosion which makes it more identifiable as compared to, an Earthquake coming out of nowhere. Also the whole earthquake AOE damage spell concept is a very generic ability in terms of games set in the Fantasy genre.
Question for Logan,
In your older comments you mention how you don't feel comfortable about using characters from the Knights of the Old Republic comics because it would contradict future stories. Since Legends is non-canon and there won't be future stories made in that time period now, are you going to reconsider using KOTOR comic characters?
Will the Draft artwork also get changed, I know its suppose to look like a peasant arming himself but I always found it difficult to see the background. Maybe thats just me.