This member has provided no bio about themself...
Makes sense, thanks for the reply. Eager to see the release date for 4.3.
I am so happy to see the Angmar faction, this looks so awesome. I am kinda bummed that the Misty Mountains faction is delayed but still, more evil factions sounds great to me. Still I have to wonder, are you guys still planning on finishing the Misty Mountains faction after releasing the Angmar faction or are you going to save the Misty Mountains faction for last due to the complications of getting the faction to work by technical standards?
Will upgrades ever get nerfed, I have been playing against Lothorlien and Dwarves and from my experience its takes a while to kill them. I dont know if that has to do with how those factions are balanced but I am curious if upgrades will get nerfed in the future for balances sake.
I really like how unique Lothorlien is compared to the other factions. Galadriel especially in her Ring Hero form is pretty bad *** too. Hope to see Misty Mountains in the next update. Keep up the good work. :)
Thanks for sending reply so soon. And I have go admit, it is hilarious attacking isengard in Minas Tirith.
Still crossing my fingers that there will be a Harad faction added in the future. :)
Sorry I should have been more clear. Some of the fortress maps are pretty glitch dol guldur, if you build a barracks at certain spots the units will can stuck in the walls. I also think that the fortress should be customized in a way that it would only work with a specific race. Like Minas Mogul only working the Mordor faction but in turn you can get benefits like being able to train all 9 nazgul there or getting early access to Minas morgul orcs. I think it would also make sense lore wise.
Will fortress maps get an update?
Thanks Tiberius, I will be sure to post my opinion soon.
I apologize in advance, I posted this comment on the Edain 4.1.1 demo forum instead of this like I intended. Still here's my question
Will Saruman and Gandalf ever be buffed? Considering they cost 3000 and how weak they are in combat, especially considering how quickly their health depletes and how their abilities are only truly effective against weak infantry. They don't come off as game changers like they were in the original BFME games or in the lore.
If not buffed at least have their cost be reduced to 2000. But still will these two heroes be buffed in the future?
Question, will Saruman and Gandalf ever be buffed. Considering they cost 3000 and how weak they are in combat, especially considering how quickly their health depletes and how their abilities are only truly effective against weak infantry. They don't come off as game changers like they were in the original BFME games or in the lore.
I love the patch, I am glad Isengard got nerfed. I am still bummed about troll haven't really been buff by the patch, still making them less reliable than Orc Rush. But still, I love the patch, the Dwarves at an interesting new twist to the game. I hope to see Misty Mountains in the next big patch.
So would we be getting Rhun as the Fifth evil faction, or something else?
It seems odd to me that we are getting 5 Good Factions but only 4 Evil Factions. Will we get a new Evil Faction in the future like Rhun to balance things out. I would love to play a game of War of the Ring 5 v 5, Good vs Evil.
So are siege weapons, if trolls are only meant to siege than they could be substituted by their siege weapons. As for the meat shield comment, in the film's especially during the battle of Minas Tirith, the trolls were at the front of the line, killing enemy soldiers to control the battlefield so that the orca would swarm into the castle. Well in an Edwin game they would died in 10 seconds. So tell me this, what role could trolls do better than any of the other units in the faction. The faction has little cavalry units so the trolls have to make up in some way, and I don't mean siege.
Just wanted to say I love the mod. The game is pretty balanced but as a fan of the Mordor faction from the original BFME2, I am pretty disappointed with the Troll units. Mostly because of how weak they are in comparison to the cavalry units of the other factions. I know they were nerfed for balanced reasons but I wish the trolls were more reliable. In the films they were meat shields but in the game they die to quickly to not only pikemen but also archers and heroes, and the armor upgrade doesn't do much to help. If you could buff them by having the influence of Sauron power let Trolls that come out of the upgraded Troll Cage automatically get armor, as well as a passive bonus that reduces damage from arrows, I would be really grateful. I love the troll units from BFME2 even though the Attack Trolls were kinda op, I just wish they were more useful and balanced in the Edain mod.
Thanks for your time, looking forward to the next update. :)
Also will the new demo be friendly to Steam users?
Hey logan, so happy your project is still going. Just one question, do you still aim to release a new Demo once you have 20 hours of gameplay in the alpha or do you wish to release it sooner?
Sounds great, I really hope the next release will really deliver what was promised and more.
4. I like some of the ideas behind the ring heroes, but I know it's not fair to compare mods but I thought it would be appropriate, in the History of Ages mod, the ring heroes felt more developed in terms of abilities and design, and each felt distinctive, while in this mod, the ring heroes don't have that many abilities which is disappointing, especially considering how each ring hero cost 20000 gold instead of the typical 10000. Also I don't think Saruman should be able to be trained at the fortress because I don't think he would make a proper Ring Hero, granted in the History of Ages mod Isengard's Ring Hero was the Balrog, granted it in many ways it doesn't make too much sense but the Balrog felt like a more satisfying Ring Hero as compared to Saruman, and if Saruman is a ring hero, than why isn't Gandalf a ring hero as well, using the same logic?
5. I know Harad/Rhun is considered apart of the Mordor Faction but I think it would be better if Harad/Rhun was it's own separate faction, there are other mods that have done this, and expanded on the idea of a Harad/Rhun faction.
6. I don't really get the idea behind the mercenary system, I know it was designed give players access to units from all the factions but personally I would prefer if you could get maybe get elite units based on the faction you have (granted you could have a limited number of these elite units). Ex. Goblins, they could get Armored Trolls or Drakes, Mordor could get Orc Wolf riders or Berserkers.
Other than that it's a great mod, with lots of interesting ideas, there other systems in the mod that I would like to see improved but those are mostly knitpicks. I am also aware that your trying to make all the factions balanced.
Good luck with the mod MasterHero, and I look forward to playing the 2.0 version.
I installed the mod, I like a lot of the ideas used but there are still a couple of problems. But just to say in advance, this is my opinion so I hope you don't take it personally.
1. The new A.I isn't a huge improvement, sometimes the A.I will charge after my Income buildings even when my armies are attacking them from behind.
2. In War of the Ring, I only have enough gold to build a fortress, I know making the build time longer and the fortress more expensive is for the sake of balance but it would be nice to have some extra gold in order to help develop my economy. (I am guessing the War of the Ring modifications will fix that issue.)
3. A lot of the new heroes are very generic, like the archer captains for example, who only have like two or three abilities. Personally I would rather have less heroes to choose from if they have all five of their ability slots filled, just to know that I can use a fully develop hero.
Why just rework the Humans and the NIght Elves, I think the Orcs and Undead deserve equal treament. For instance adding Ogres to the Orc faction since the Stonemaul Clan joined with the Horde in the Bonus Campaign of Warcraft III.
Do you plan on releasing more of the soundtrack?
I was thinking about the Rattaki arena. I know your more focused on finishing the main storyline and characters. But I was thinking, maybe you could make the arena like the Colosseum in Kingdom Hearts II as in when the player is done with the main storyline, he can go to Rattaki to do the Arena to unlock special items and fight series enemies from the Kotor games, though at this point what the player does is non-canon. Though this would add A LOT of replayability to the mod.
Do you plan to add Red Sith to the game despite Lord Scourge being confirmed not to appear, also can you mention any other alien species that you hope to implement the game that you haven't mentioned before, like the alien heads redrob introduced in his RoR head demo. Possibly even give them their own unique voice overs.
Still are you going to use at least one of the worlds from the first Kotor game that wasn't included in the second. Or is that impossible because of programming issues, or it just doesn't fit the story that you planned out. It would be interesting to see a world like Taris or Manaan and see how it has changed since the first game.
How many worlds do you hope will be in the final product. Also out of all the worlds I want to see in the Mod. Taris is the highest on my wish list. I would love to see how the world has changed after Revan's arrival, and see The Promise Land. As well as the evolved Rakghouls. It would seem like a good way to show the effects of Revan and Malak's actions on the galaxy.
Do you plan to add characters from The Old Republic comics like Zayne Carrick or more Cathar npcs?
The Force is still strong in this mod.
Logan I just wanted to say thanks for answering most of my questions in the past, I know it must have been hard for you to keep up with your massive fanbase. Its been a treat reading your comments and your insight into the story for the mod your making, I know your busy and I know you plan to do the mod at your own pace, but thanks for helping me get invested in the Kotor Lore again. The Old Republic was never close to being the Kotor 3 me and my friends wanted. Good luck with the mod and May the Force be with you.
The Star Wars Fan
Of course not, the creator is just very busy. He usually responds to the comments once a month. But the mod is definitely not dead.