This member has provided no bio about themself...
Also will the new demo be friendly to Steam users?
Hey logan, so happy your project is still going. Just one question, do you still aim to release a new Demo once you have 20 hours of gameplay in the alpha or do you wish to release it sooner?
Sounds great, I really hope the next release will really deliver what was promised and more.
4. I like some of the ideas behind the ring heroes, but I know it's not fair to compare mods but I thought it would be appropriate, in the History of Ages mod, the ring heroes felt more developed in terms of abilities and design, and each felt distinctive, while in this mod, the ring heroes don't have that many abilities which is disappointing, especially considering how each ring hero cost 20000 gold instead of the typical 10000. Also I don't think Saruman should be able to be trained at the fortress because I don't think he would make a proper Ring Hero, granted in the History of Ages mod Isengard's Ring Hero was the Balrog, granted it in many ways it doesn't make too much sense but the Balrog felt like a more satisfying Ring Hero as compared to Saruman, and if Saruman is a ring hero, than why isn't Gandalf a ring hero as well, using the same logic?
5. I know Harad/Rhun is considered apart of the Mordor Faction but I think it would be better if Harad/Rhun was it's own separate faction, there are other mods that have done this, and expanded on the idea of a Harad/Rhun faction.
6. I don't really get the idea behind the mercenary system, I know it was designed give players access to units from all the factions but personally I would prefer if you could get maybe get elite units based on the faction you have (granted you could have a limited number of these elite units). Ex. Goblins, they could get Armored Trolls or Drakes, Mordor could get Orc Wolf riders or Berserkers.
Other than that it's a great mod, with lots of interesting ideas, there other systems in the mod that I would like to see improved but those are mostly knitpicks. I am also aware that your trying to make all the factions balanced.
Good luck with the mod MasterHero, and I look forward to playing the 2.0 version.
I installed the mod, I like a lot of the ideas used but there are still a couple of problems. But just to say in advance, this is my opinion so I hope you don't take it personally.
1. The new A.I isn't a huge improvement, sometimes the A.I will charge after my Income buildings even when my armies are attacking them from behind.
2. In War of the Ring, I only have enough gold to build a fortress, I know making the build time longer and the fortress more expensive is for the sake of balance but it would be nice to have some extra gold in order to help develop my economy. (I am guessing the War of the Ring modifications will fix that issue.)
3. A lot of the new heroes are very generic, like the archer captains for example, who only have like two or three abilities. Personally I would rather have less heroes to choose from if they have all five of their ability slots filled, just to know that I can use a fully develop hero.
Why just rework the Humans and the NIght Elves, I think the Orcs and Undead deserve equal treament. For instance adding Ogres to the Orc faction since the Stonemaul Clan joined with the Horde in the Bonus Campaign of Warcraft III.
Do you plan on releasing more of the soundtrack?
I was thinking about the Rattaki arena. I know your more focused on finishing the main storyline and characters. But I was thinking, maybe you could make the arena like the Colosseum in Kingdom Hearts II as in when the player is done with the main storyline, he can go to Rattaki to do the Arena to unlock special items and fight series enemies from the Kotor games, though at this point what the player does is non-canon. Though this would add A LOT of replayability to the mod.
Do you plan to add Red Sith to the game despite Lord Scourge being confirmed not to appear, also can you mention any other alien species that you hope to implement the game that you haven't mentioned before, like the alien heads redrob introduced in his RoR head demo. Possibly even give them their own unique voice overs.
Still are you going to use at least one of the worlds from the first Kotor game that wasn't included in the second. Or is that impossible because of programming issues, or it just doesn't fit the story that you planned out. It would be interesting to see a world like Taris or Manaan and see how it has changed since the first game.
How many worlds do you hope will be in the final product. Also out of all the worlds I want to see in the Mod. Taris is the highest on my wish list. I would love to see how the world has changed after Revan's arrival, and see The Promise Land. As well as the evolved Rakghouls. It would seem like a good way to show the effects of Revan and Malak's actions on the galaxy.
Do you plan to add characters from The Old Republic comics like Zayne Carrick or more Cathar npcs?
The Force is still strong in this mod.
Logan I just wanted to say thanks for answering most of my questions in the past, I know it must have been hard for you to keep up with your massive fanbase. Its been a treat reading your comments and your insight into the story for the mod your making, I know your busy and I know you plan to do the mod at your own pace, but thanks for helping me get invested in the Kotor Lore again. The Old Republic was never close to being the Kotor 3 me and my friends wanted. Good luck with the mod and May the Force be with you.
The Star Wars Fan
Of course not, the creator is just very busy. He usually responds to the comments once a month. But the mod is definitely not dead.
I know Lord Scourge won't be the game. But will we at least see Red Sith npcs in the game since they do make up a majority of Drommund Kaas's population. Maybe even borrow models from the Brotherhood of Shadow mod which also incorporated Red Sith into their story.
Will Taris be in the game?
The rakghouls have been pretty popular and have been able to evolve in several EU works. Should we expect to see a decimated Taris where the players can land their ship straight on the Taris surface which is now the Undercity, and fight evolved Rakghouls, maybe even face some mad jedi or Sith Sorcerers. There is also the fact that Taris was the site of a very significant battle in the Mandalorian wars, as well as the Knights of the Old Republic comics. I think its a must have for the mod.
Thank you for the replies, its been very informative. It makes me happy that your so devoted to completing the mod, despite how others would have given up way before now. I just wonder what the are benefits of having a high influence on companions. Because the fun of having high influence with the companions in Kotor II was to be able to ask your companions certain questions or upgrading them to a new class, but knowing your approach I am assuming you will try something new, probably something that ties in to the Trust system. But
are there more benefits to having high influence with your companions other then more dialogue choices and possibly class upgrades. Like new side quests or special items?
Hey Logan, I asked you this question a while ago, you did answer it and I know you might not be able to do it due to modding restrictions. It was about adding Zabrak heads to the game, couldn't you simple alter Bao-dur's head in size, and add different colors for each head, at least yellow, orange, and red. Just a suggestion.
I know you have your own idea for the story. But would it be possible to have the PC go through the Jedi Trials, its never really been tried before in the other Kotor Games.
I can speak for the fans when say we want an update. Something to indicate that the mod is still going. Quick question, will Lehon (The homeworld of the Rakata Empire) be included in this mod, I read the Darth Bane books and it would be interesting to see Darth Revan's holocron which is hidden in the temple. Also it would be a nice nod to the first game. Also if this mod is never finished, will you at least tell the fans the history behind the Eye of the Force?
I'm curious, will there be new weapons in the Mod as well, I don't know if there is a way to program the light whip into the game, but it would be cool to see.
Love the mod, hope to see an updated demo soon.
Thank you so much for replying to my comment, it was so interesting to hear your views on the LS/DS system. Still you didn't answer my question about force ghost characters, especially interacting with the ghosts of characters from Expanded Universe lore like Naga Sadow or Ulic Qel-droma.
I know that Kreia and Quan will be force ghosts in the game, but do you have to unlock a force ability or be 100% light side in order to speak to those ghosts? Also do you plan to add more force ghost characters into the game?
Have you considered basing the storyline on this. Wowwiki.com
The story takes place right after warcraft 3 and involves the horde and the alliance breaking the truce between each other and going into war again. I think this would be a good story to base your campaign on, just saying, but its all entirely up to you and the team.
This looks so awesome, I can feel the nostalgia running through my veins just by looking at this picture. Please please, have a demo of this awesome mod ready before the year is over.
No offense I know you are busy, but me and the fans would really appreciate you releasing a trailer to show the new updates to your mod. Just saying. Or just a comment in general.
I love the new characters you added since they tie in to Kotor 2.
And I can definitely say that the fans and I would love another demo to be released.
I know it's probably too early for you to say, but how many worlds final game?
Also is there a way some of the fans can try out the beta of the mod for testing purposes?
Still, any info you can give me would be great.
Good luck and take your time. Despite how eager I am, I am willing to wait 4 years to play the final version.
I'll still be waiting. :)
I don't care if it's not finished. We the fans want the DEMO NOW! Even if it's in its alpha stage.