This member has provided no bio about themself...
Will we see new Force Powers in future versions of the mod?
Well said, its inspiring in many ways to see a mod for an RTS being made by a group of very talented and devoted modders even if the road to finish it has been so long and arduous. Improving on a mod for ten years can be a huge toll on any team.
I respect what you guys are doing and I do agree you don't deserve the harsh criticisms towards your mod but I do think it would be nice to see the occassional blog post from you guys, even if its not related to mod progress. I really liked your Question of the Day posts, because I love hearing your analysis on games and Lord of the Rings lore. Its difficult as it is to find great RTS content in an age where games of that genre are too few and far in between.
Anyway you guys have been doing a great job with this mod over the years and I will be happy to see its evolution in the years to follow.
So if I am playing a 2 v 2 game as Imladris and I unlock Omniscience, will my teammates also be able to see the rest of the map or will it just be me?
Also I am concerned about the last Alliance of Elves and Men spellbook power. I hope you guys balanced it, but a pure siege ultimate ability sounds op if its anything like the classic Isengard bomb ultimate spellbook ability from version 4.0.
I guess we will find out when the ability goes public.
RIP Darth Caedus :(
That's a nice way to look at it, but within the context of this mod. If the creator is including the First Order, it probably means we won't get a New Jedi Order era in the mod at all. Meaning in this context both Legends and canon cannot exist in the same space.
Even though a New Jedi Order era mod is 1. more original 2. never been done before in Battlefront 2 3. more logical sense if this Battlefront mod is set within the Legends timeline.
1. We don't know if Juno and Starkiller will be in the final version of the mod.
2. Jyn, Krennic, and the First Order are going to be included in the new Battlefront 2 so players will likely have an opportunity to play some characters/factions in the new game.
3. There are plently of eras in Legends that would be more deserving to be included in the mod. The Old Republic Era, yes there are mods for it but I personally would like to see it receive the Battlefront 3 treatment. The Dark Times, or my top pick the New Jedi Order era from Legends.
An era that has been retconned by the new Disney canon. And an era that to my knowledge, has never been featured in a Battlefront mod.
That wasn't the point of my comment. The point was to promote the inclusion of Legends continuity characters. As I said I did think the designs are cool, and I am sure the creator of the mod will do a great job with making the First Order faction feel unique when it comes to incorporating weapons, classes, vehicles etc.
But that doesn't change the fact that there should be more Legends characters in this mod to support a continuity that has helped maintain interest in the Star Wars brand years after the original trilogy concluded.
Cool designs don't get me wrong but personally I think it would be better if you guys priotized Legends content considering that the memory of the Legends continuity is fading away in the eyes of the main Star Wars fan base.
Question, is the best way to disable Edain to get the Age of the Ring mod working is by disabling Edain through the launcher, or is there a more specific procedure?
I still think changing some of the basic gameplay elements will help make the mod more fun in the long run but you guys prefer to not change the game as radically as other ROTWK mods which is okay. Also I don't think turtling would be an issue if one were to simply limit the amount of buildings one could build in the game to prevent bases from being too powerful.
and have map control focus more on controlling inns for an economic advantage as compared to having more income buildings and protecting them. But that's probably just me, still its one of the best looking mods I have ever seen for the game and I am eager to see how the mod will evolve in future updates.
Good luck with future updates
Hey guys congrats on the release of Age of the Ring.
If I may ask will the economy system be changed in the future? I am not a big fan of how income buildings work because of how you have to move them so far from your base to get the most income even with a limit to the number of income buildings it can feel very arbitrary and forced to have to build your income buildings so far away and constantly guard them. It feels more like a chore to develop your economy rather than fun and intuitive.
As compared to reaching the maximum income rate early in the game in the early game and have both players devote most of their focus to figuring out the best way to destroy the other enemy base rather than devoting so much micro management time to finding places to build income buildings.
Hey guys, with Moddingunion crashing recently as well as the growing popularity of Discord, especially for fan modding communities. I thought I post this topic which I think is really significant for Edain as a whole. Take a look and feel free to post a reply.
Hey guys, I am the only one, or is the Moddingunion site not loading?
Since the Rohan Spellbook has come out I would like to ask.
Is it possible to make the central Spell 4 power points instead of five?
You guys said yourselves not every central power has to be 5 points, also I don't see how Sauron gaining a level is worth the extra 2 Power Points anyway. Maybe that's just me.
Here's my questions for the new Spellbook
1. Are the ravens permanent? since its a defensive power it would make sense if it was a permanent ability to go along with the whole building buff theme of the tree. This question also applies to the runes, I understand a building getting a permanent boost from Spellbook powers is probably not balanced in some ways but it would make sense of those powers were permanent to fit the theme of defensive trees. The last part of this question is will those buffs stack, for instance I buff the same building with a rune and ravens?
2. Wouldn't it be better to remove the Earthquake power and replace it with something else, I know its an iconic power from the vanilla game but I always felt it was very generic and didn't connect with the theme of the Dwarves beyond the whole Earth aspect of Dwarven culture. Compare it to the Fires of Isengard, that power works because we see Saruman's minion commence the bomb explosion which makes it more identifiable as compared to, an Earthquake coming out of nowhere. Also the whole earthquake AOE damage spell concept is a very generic ability in terms of games set in the Fantasy genre.
Question for Logan,
In your older comments you mention how you don't feel comfortable about using characters from the Knights of the Old Republic comics because it would contradict future stories. Since Legends is non-canon and there won't be future stories made in that time period now, are you going to reconsider using KOTOR comic characters?
Will the Draft artwork also get changed, I know its suppose to look like a peasant arming himself but I always found it difficult to see the background. Maybe thats just me.
"the whole system of signal fires have been changed too, thus making them more usefull and more intuitive." What do you mean by that statement?
I have a few questions about the Rohan Spellbook,
1. Druadan Statue,can you can place this map anywhere on the battlefield. If so wouldn't that mean you could hypothetically use the Assault of the Druedain power to summon archers anywhere on the battlefield as well since you could jsut simply place a statue near enemies? Even though you expressed in the article that the power being defensive should not be able to be used everywhere on the battlefield.
2.I hope the three Hunters aren't too expensive since a 6-cost power is a huge investment as it is. But it seems to me the Highborn Warhorses are the better choice not only because it costs less but its a safer investment since it reinforces a strategy that Rohan was always good at which was spamming cavalry.
I will say it was a good call to have the Three Hunters serve as a way of accessing the combat tree.
3. You mentioned how the Royal Guard are rarely used, wouldn't it also be good to buff the unit to make it more worthwhile?
Anyway I am sure there will be further balance testing once the patch comes out. Great work as always
Couldn't you simply buff the power further to make it worth 5 points?
So what's the next Spellbook reveal going to be? I am guessing its Dwarves assuming you guys are going in order of faction release.
Thanks for the reply
I will admit although I am biased towards weather spells since well, I like every spellbook to be as unique as possible. But at the same time, I can understand while some of the factions have to have weather spells.
Anyway whether Freezing rain is cheaper or not that's up to you guys, but I do think the power does have value and it would be all the more valuable if it was slightly cheaper so the player could get access to the Fires of Isengard power faster.
That and also Freezing rain is on the right so the player would be losing the ability to access Saruman of Many Colors and Isengard Unleashed unless they get the Faction Spell, which is a HUGE disadvantage. Anyway you guys do what you all think is best.
One more question if I may ask, your getting feedback from testers, does that mean we will be able to see videos of Edain 4.5 BETA in the near future? Or is it too early to say? Because I think the fan base would be really hyped to see footage of 4.5 if possible.
A couple of questions
1. Saruman of Many Colors costs five points while the Gandalf the White power costs four but both provide the same benefits? Is there a reason why Saruman of Many Colors cost 1 more than Gandalf's or is the Gandalf power being nerfed?
2. The Wizard Tower power is going to enable upgrades for Isengard, I am assuming upgrades that existed in the older version of the Citadel will be removed so you can only acquire them through the ring power. May I also ask what you mean by enhancement of buildings, do you mean the buildings gain more health or produce units faster?
3. You guys said in an earlier post that terrain altering powers like Tainted Land is not healthy for the game as it encourages players to save the ability to counter an opponent's terrain altering power. I am assuming Lorien will be keeping there's so my question is, wouldn't it be better to only have one faction have a terrain altering power for variety's sake?
Another note this is more of a personal opinion, I do think that Freezing rain should cost less due to well, enemies losing leadership is no where near as good as having three summons, even in a large scale battle. Unless the spell gets buff I think it should cost 4 or 5 points at most.
Anyway glad to see a new update for the mod, look forward to seeing how Rohan's Spellbook turns out.
The creator does have a life, considering how much large the scale of a typical KOTOR RPG is, especially considering its being made by one guy. You have to be patient, this is a project that can't be rushed. The guy have real life obligations he has to priotize first.
Honestly I will wait as long as necessary, if the mod comes out eventually that's fine. We all have to be patient, and we will be rewarded with a new update most likely within this year.
We just have to be patient.
Question, will income buildings be changed? I always thought the vanilla version where you had to put your income buildings across the map to get the most income possible was really annoying. Would be possible to get the full 100 percent income but only be able to build a limited amounted . That way you could focus more on the battle than protecting your income buildings, from cheap surprise attacks and dumb cheese tactics?
I understand that, from my experience though Discord Servers for mods tend to have a lot more players than in Tuungle/Gameranger servers.While an average Tuungle server will have 5 to 20 people, Discord servers tend to have 60 to 100 on average from what i've seen. Yes I know you can't setup LAN games through Tuungle.
Also it would be a more reliable way of the players communicating with the mod creators through the Discord chat, as compared to using the forums, which personally I feel is a lot less personal and interactive.
Anyway I would love to see the Edain team try the idea, but that's not my call.
Is the Edain team ever going to setup a Discord server?
I found Tuungle and Gameranger to be very unreliable when it comes to setting up multiplayer games. Mostly because there are usually little to no people online to play multiplayer.
That doesn't answer my Discord question.
Question, what if the Edain team decided no longer support working AI and make the Edain mod purely multiplayer. Would that allow for more than 11 factions and if so what would be the new faction limit?
I am just curious
You were there when the strength of men failed.