Our roguelike-like in the making! Remember to visit for frequent updates and news about our game.
Thanks for the continued support.
We will have Coop in the closed beta version available from the $25 reward tier on Kickstarter.
This is correct! It zooms in and out depending on where the characters are in relation to each other. There are still a couple things we will add to make it even more polished soon.
1. Sure, we can try clarifying
2. Does it seem too strong? All the items scale in one way or another; since the prescription isn't very exciting, we had to make it pretty powerful so players could feel its effects.
6. It would be very easy to do, but we haven't found a reason for one yet. Might take away the special feeling of an item if some classes essentially started out with one.
7. Not off the table, but stats up is A.) Not very fun, even if its powerful, and B.) Long cooldowns can make for lulls between fights while you wait, which isn't the best
8. The Miner actually moves faster then the Commando!
9. Right now it increases damage for multiple stacks
10. Range characters have a range of 700 pixels; I think we could do a range-up if we have lower ranged classes.
11. There are quite a few already, actually!
12. Yep, although it might not work in 0.29.2.2 because of a glitch.
13. Nope! Since ALL procs, drones, and skills scale off damage, a 5 damage boost would seem very insignificant for the player but be very powerful. Players wouldn't 'feel' the effect of the item unless it was grossly overpowered or for a short period (prescriptions.)
14. As we test farther into the game, we might have to change the cap.
15. Not necessarily, no
16. The Miner can actually hit through walls with his Z
17. Some scale infinitely (health regen), some have hard caps (cooldown reduction), and some have soft caps/diminishing returns (hoof)
18. All scifi!
As we said at one point, online multiplayer would require revamping of the entire game from the grounds-up :(
The closest we would have is co-op multiplayer on one computer, using two gamepads/gamepad and a keyboard
There will be one last free version after 0.29.2.2!
Have you tried installing DirectX? A quick google search of 'initializing D3DX' comes up with a bunch of other games as well, so I assume one of their solutions should work for you.
I love the main character and the art style! Good luck with the release on Friday :)
Very nice! Now play on normal/hardcore :-)
In response to both your posts:
1. Leveling up increases base stats like health, health regen, damage, etc. So there is actually a point!
2. Which enemies seem too fast? We might make them slower on casual mode.
3. That would go against the game-design, which is a sense of urgency. You can get items and run like hell out of there if you need to!
4. Some map selections may have to be unlocked to access; that is, you might unlock another 2nd level outside of the mushroom one that is randomly chosen.
5. What kind of randomization are you thinking of?
6. We have debated on having the skills unlocked the first 4 levels, but then that would feel pretty gimped since the characters only function with the synergy between skills.
8. We plan on lots of secrets/unlockables
9. We haven't found the need yet; most maps are memorable enough after the first playthrough that we can use land marks as identification over a map. Also kind of ruined the feeling of exploration.
10. Random quests in what way? We like having little events (like the mini-imp spawns) and will probably venture further into that.
Thanks for all the questions and your interest in our game!
Thanks for the feedback and the error report from the new alpha! We will use this feedback and sort out the errors you got as soon as possible.
1. Yes, we will have unlockable maps, characters, and items , and more!
2. We will add many more monsters and bosses to even out the levels and give them all a good variety.
3. The miner was already unlocked in this version so that everyone that plays will be able to test him out and give feedback, he will be unlockable in the final versions.
4. We will have a mixture of melee and ranged characters.
Thanks for the feedback and we are glad you are enjoying the game!
Yes, all the keys are rebind-able in the menu. Check to see if gamepad is activated? That may disable the keyboard.
Thanks for doing the video(especially since it's at 60FPS)! Hope to see more in the future!
Thanks for the bug report! We will also work on making the cursor vanish after a few seconds. Glad to hear the Auto-Graphics are working for you!
Somehow it got linked to BoI, should be fixed now.
For anyone who downloaded the game in the last ~8 hours; I seem to have uploaded the wrong version. Everything should now be fixed (including the mediafire links) after authentication is done!
Keep up the hard work and this will turn out to be awesome!
Love the cellshading, reminds me of Borderlands. Keep it up!
We will look into fixing that platform.
Thanks for the detailed description!
Awesome Videos, glad you are enjoying the game!
Hey there! There is a "submit" button on our Tumblr that you can submit screenshots and messages to us directly.
Thanks for taking the time to help us out!
Thanks! Glad to hear you are enjoying it so far.
Also, thanks for the info on the corner, we will get it fixed ASAP.
They will have to be unlocked by playing the game.
Did you try turning the settings down/disable pixel-perfect scaling in the options?
Game looks pretty cool! I like the idea of a platform gun.
Looks really well done. Hope it gets the attention it deserves!
Thanks a lot for the video!
These screenshots look amazing. Can't wait to see what they turn into down the road!