If it flies, it dies™.
Sure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or PM me here.
Physics are scaled to simulate 30km^2 distances, while WiC maps are limited to 1.5km^2 maximum for playfield. So that explains why things appear slower to naked eye, but in terms of actual physics, they are not slow at all, it just takes time to get used to.
We're still here. Mod development is momentarily in the back burner, but we're still alive and playing.
Hm, are you running non-US version of the game? Also, latest version is 4.7.
Yes, Vladapo63 has it right :) You can still run it on XP, but you have to manually install it, and there is not much support beyond that. Also, certain graphics/particle effects may no longer work correctly on XP, as MW Mod art contents are no longer tested on DX9. Mod is tested to work perfectly on Windows 7 thru 10.
Yes, AI has mixed up missile launchers, mainly a trade-off to help w/ performance on low-end computers (didn't want to have 2-3 units to launch non-player-controlled missiles; since most people don't notice it, it made sense to truncate them down to just 1 unit firing it all).
Since 4.x (I can't remember which version), AI owned SAM sites only show icons for squad leader; this was done to reduce the unit icon clutter on the map. You can however, still target them (provided you can see them) so it does not affect gameplay in any negative way.
Yea, it worked out well. :)
As for tutorials, when I have some time, I'll definitely look into it.
If you don't use Lightwave (MW Mod uses 3ds Max), you have to export your model to Autodesk COLLADA (".dae") in order for Showbox to open it. Also, models should stay generally within 15,000 triangles, though you can theoratically (with good LOD use) go up to 50-60k before crashing the game.
You are confusing it with minimum range. Cruise missiles have unlimited range.
That's an old (closed-beta) version of WiC from early 2007.
Just right click on the launch vehicle's icon at the bottom of your screen. It will transport your camera all the way up until booster separation.
(1) Technically it should be possible, if you can edit the GUI (use GuiEditor) to expand the ingame menu. However, I've never tried this myself. There isn't a hardcoded limit that says you can only have 10 units available in the ordering menu, so it should be doable.
(2) We're working with Massive staff to figure out the next best steps for World in Conflict, and I can't really comment at this time as to what our next steps will be. We'll announce as soon as we have news in this regards.
Yup... time flies fast :>
We haven't really worked on S-300 mid-course guidance code since it was originally written back in 2012 for MW Mod 3.x. That being said, we'll revisit if we decide to add S-300V/Antey-2500.
1. yes correct with RU side also. If AI has a battle management radar, you don't need one; as long as 1 management radar is up, you're fine.
2. SEAD is queued by radar warning receiver on the aircraft -- the RWR senses multiple radars pinging the aircraft and will establish track for every known radar source. So, rather than engaging closest threat, SEAD will engage several radars on its track list, in random order.
3. Mi-28 does not use 9M123; only 9M120 is supported. Also, 9M123 is pretty much same as 9M120, so there is not much difference. The millimetre-wave radar on the Khrizantema complex is for radio command guidance for generating SACLOS output commands. The 9M123 missile itself however, does not have a seeker (unlike Longbow Hellfire) and still relies on SACLOS beam.
4. Not sure on new units at this time, as we haven't had the time to formulate roadmap yet for next mod update, but stay tuned!
It didn't crash, it just freezes for a bit. Just let it run and it will complete.
Both; the mod will work on either version -- but please make sure your WiC is updated to the latest patch, otherwise the mod won't work (if you bought it from Steam, you're all set as it's auto-updated).
Also worth checking out is video tutorial regarding JTAC and laser-guided ordinances for Air role:
Glad to hear you like it!
Yes tutorials are available under Tutorials section; for Air in particular:
Note that these tutorials are somewhat outdated by now, but the basic concepts are still valid, so it's very much worth a read. If you use Steam, feel free to get in touch with us (WiC Modern Warfare group) to discuss tips/strats and to play together online.
Noted. Will take a look at this for future versions.
Awesome, glad to hear you were able to work out the problem!
You should reinstall WiC! :>
Game runs fine on Windows 10 for us, what problem are you running into?
You can definitely create new infantry models, there is nobody stopping it. Most people (ourselves included) haven't bothered with it, because existing models are 'good enough', just needed re-texture. If you use Lightwave, you can certainly easily create inf models and bone them properly for animation.
Source code is a bit difficult topic; while Massive had given out source disks under NDA, they are mostly for single-player campaign scripts and art work/content sources. The issue of source code is that, while WiC is old game, the software code used serves as baseline for incremental improvements made for newer Massive game, such as The Division, so there is no way they are going to give out full code access to WiC.
The main problem that makes WiC not viable is that simply there's not enough people playing anymore, the fact that devs don't really care is simply because... well, nobody plays the game anymore :) You do raise a good point though in that if the devs cared enough about the game, it would be more popular, but alas, such is life eh..?
Sometimes game may still freeze due to CommanderAI (AI system); I'd just give it a try again :) Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far!
It has come a long way indeed... can't believe it's been 6 years since this mod was first started :>
It's out just now. I re-used the old upload post (replaced the files in it), rather than make a new post, that's why it says October 2014.
Yes.. please read FAQ.
MG3 yes (though unit description mistakenly says 12.7mm, it's configured for MG3; we didn't have time to fix the description prior to committing the final build for release tree)
No shadow. To create shadows, we need Lightwave 7 (older version). We do not use any Lightwave products, all our artwork kit is Autodesk/3ds Max, so it's incompatible with Lightwave format used by WiC to create shadows.