Hello and welcome to our fourth field report!
You may have noticed that we haven't posted anything in a while, and some of you may even have wondered if the project has died. But I'm pleased to say that the team have just taken a small holiday and are now back in action!The first model I made for War of Rights was the Springfield M1861. Many of our models has gone through a couple of iterations. But this rifle however is the one that has gone through the most. Or well, in fact thats's a lie. The first model I made for the game was the Henry rifle which was a disaster.. Considering that it was for a game.
Now that's over, let's look at the real deal. The M1861.
I've highlighted some of the errors and as you can see it is nowhere near perfect. But at the time I was quite proud of it.One of the first things I decided to change was the wood around the metal plate that the hammer is attached to. This wood was actually non existant on the first version. I also want you to notice the metal plate on the wood and the hammer.
This is the model that is showcased as one of our first pictures. I was extremely pleased with this model for quite a while. But the model still received a few improvements now and then.But all that changed today as I'm happy to announce the hopefully final version of the Springfield M1861 rifle.
I hope you enjoyed reading about the growth of our Springfield M1861. I for one cant wait to hold it in my virtuel hands ;)