The first update for Vroom! is now available on the App Store. Changelog below.
The first update for Vroom has just gone up on the app store. I’d like to thank all ya’ll for all the feedback. Some of you love it and a few of you hate it passionately, and you’ve all got some good points, some of which are addressed in the update. Also, I have here a couple of promo codes.
Here’s a changelog that is 100% certain to have some things missing. As always, tip us off if you find anything broken or have any suggestions, we're listening.
- Fixed the issue where the entire game looked inexcusably absymally terrible on the iPhone 3GS and 3rd-Gen iPod Touches
- Vroom theme now plays in the main menu
- Added congratulatory notification when you beat a previous best lap time
- Added admonishment when you fall off a cliff
- Added signs with big red arrows on ‘em to help guide you around the tracks
- Fixed some of the stupid movements the zombies would sometimes do
- Fixed lighting on truck and truck items so they’ll never show up all black and stupid-looking anymore
- Fixed round end score text sometimes displaying over the top of the loading screen
- Made round end/timer text larger and more in-charge
- Improvements to the smoothness of the camera tilt, it should feel less sluggish now
- Fixed some collision issues on level 2, where really amazing people could sometimes get on top of the world
- Fixed similar issues on all maps, actually
- Fixed the issue that was causing level 2 to be pretty much impossible to lose
- Zombies will now also spawn when you drive the wrong way around the track. Added “wrong way” text but then took it away again because that’s no fun at all. Drive wherever you want, you guys
- Various optimisations to hopefully improve performance somewhat on most platforms. Certainly load times are better. More FPS improvements on the way
- Improved blood effect, it actually looks like blood now
- Fixed zombie LOD issue on 3rd-gen devices
- Other Stuff Also