In order to test our engine, we implemented a first small game featuring Minecraft-like gameplay:
Also, our engine is making progress:
- Marcus managed to improve the performance of our terrain generation and procedural function system by orders of magnitudes.
- Philip refactored the internal entity system; preparing our engine for much higher amounts of objects in the world. He is currently working on a system for automatic code generation for our modding interface.
- Marc is working on AI pathfinding. As our world is not static, we can't use the default approaches in other games.
- Tobias is working on multiplayer and has written a crash report system and a bug tracker, preparing us for the first downloadable versions.
- Kersten worked on mesh cutting (as seen in Metal Gear Rising) and wrote the SimpleMiner mod (which you see in the video) together with Lukas.
- Lukas worked on the scripting/modding engine and wrote the SimpleMiner mod together with Kersten. He also wrote a mesh voxelizer, allowing us to import any 3d object in our destructible terrain.
For more detailed updates, screenshots, and more technical information, check out our blog!