The Last Dogma is a dark comedy exploration adventure game set in the year 1999 of an alternate reality world, where US actively campaigns for world domination after being disappointed with the results of the Cold War.
You play as Sebastian Arise, an ATF special agent tasked with the tracking and eradication of local firearms dealers. One day straightforward tracking mission turns into disaster, thrusting him into the village of cannibalistic Christian cult known as “Holy Intentions”. Entwined in a web of intrigues between emotion-feeding daemons, Sebastian must keep his senses sharp as he travels back in 1366 A.D. to stop the things he shouldn’t stop.
The game is a reboot of Sacred Line Genesis, horror text adventure game for Sega Genesis which got an official cartridge release in February 2015.
It's weird and it's short. Recommended for fans of Killer7, Normality and Pathologic and people who prefer exploration over action.
- Unpredictable, surreal and dark story which features two different storylines with their own endings
- Original soundtrack featuring epic orchestral music, melodic instrumental rock, ambient and shamisen dance electro
- Professional voiceover from the actors of STASIS, Kholat, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strike Vector and Deadstar
- Atmospheric non-linear environments open for exploration
- Adventure-like system with the use of “Look,” “Investigate”, “Talk” and "Take" commands
- Lots of well-hidden secrets, including “Secret World” campaign where you’ll meet the Narrator
The Last Dogma is now available on Steam for purchase. It got a massive 1.3 update and features a SteamOS (Linux) version, which is a Steam exclusive and has a couple of exclusive voiced lines.
DRM-Free releases (Itch.io and IndieGameStand) have been updated to 1.3 as well.
"Cross-buy" option is there - wherever you buy the game, you always get a key.
Itch.io buyers get it in a few hours, IGS buyers get it from the IGS store (please note that keys for IGS will be deployed only in a few days after release, not instantly).
If you completed the game, you can now read Story Explanation / Developer Commentary.
Major update of the game is finally finished, it's now available for download on Itch and IGS store pages.
The Last Dogma is now on Steam Greenlight for you to vote and also available on IndieGameStand for purchase.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.