The Hunted Chronicles is a first person survival horror game in which you take on the role of a lone survivor. Awoken by what seems to be an earth tremor uncommon in the city, you will be faced with horrific visions and alternate realities as you attempt to escape what hellish existence you have been thrown into. One step behind another survivor, finding his recordings and scribbled notes to document his existence, grotesque visions and monstrosities dead set on destroying you, chances of survival are bleak. However to overcome them you will need to lose a part of yourself and give into the animalistic emotions within you. Will you be? Or will you become? The hunted.
• Immersive survival horror gameplay with story driven interaction
• Full dynamic lighting and shadows for the creepiest atmospheres
• Normal, specular, bump, glow maps with high resolution images to provide frightening realism and lots of room for creativity by the artists
• Unique combat system allowing for a hybrid free look and aim combination for projectile based weapons, and unique melee gameplay allowing for gruesome final blows
• Aware monsters that react to sight, sound, smell, touch. Allowing a player to hide in the shadows from an enemy, or sneak around them as to not make too much noise
• Intuitive puzzles using a toggle able inventory menu to navigate your items and listen to audio tapes / logs.
Engine: Darkplaces (Standalone game)
Engine License: GPL