by DanijelMihokovic on Aug 8th, 2014
Crossing into the 0.8 range this time. Getting closer and closer to release ;). I apologize in advance if I've noted anything that was introduced in one of the recent smaller updates.
There's a lot of new stuff going on. I'll mention only the nebula optimizations (more will be done) and blueprints. How blueprints work is explained below in the change-list :).
The second, but perhaps even more important thing is the MODDING RELATED ISSUE. Here's the link where we explain the problem.
PLEASE CHECK IT OUT. Especially if you've modded the game yourself or if you're using mods.
- FIXED: Several errors in weapon range calculations
- FIXED: An error where names of nebulas were not shown on the Starchart
- FIXED: NPCs start firing weapons at more appropriate distances and not from miles away
- FIXED: Your own SETH platforms will not shoot each other
- FIXED: Beam weapons now work in Fire at will mode as intended
- FIXED: NPCs no longer have impossible weapon range when using beam weapons
- FIXED: An issue where the planetary screen gets overlapped with the station interface overlay
- FIXED: Material editor->Ship editor now saves trail parameters as intended
- FIXED: Station color-coding (friendly, hostile, neutral) is now equivalent in the main viewport and on the Starchart
- FIXED: An error related to Weapons energy refill and Weapons downtime, where the two could get swapped in-game
- FIXED: Equipment modifiers are now nullified on loading as intended
- FIXED: An error that would manifest in an NPC ship powering up Power to Engines, but remaining in the same position
- FIXED: Damage effects are now properly removed from the ship on repair
- FIXED: An error that could crash the game when clicking on a mission icon in the starchart
- FIXED: An issue with mission completion notification being displayed wrongly
- FIXED: A bug related to Steam Workshop integration and updating mods that could cause the game to crash
- FIXED: Grappling a captured ship no longer turns every neutral or allied ship against you
- ADDED: Blueprints
- You can collect blueprints pieces from various sources (more will be added over time)
- Once you collect enough pieces, a complete blueprint will be assembled in your Items list automatically
- After that, simply dock on any station or planet, and you will find that something new is available for purchase (depending on the blueprint)
- Blueprints are used up in the process
- Blueprints available: light weapons, heavy weapons, enhancements for all primary systems, an officer, fighter crafts
- ADDED: Energy redistribution shortcuts to Options->Controls. They are NOT set by default. Set them manually!
- ADDED: NPCs can now drop Orpheus mines. Frequency greatly depends on player level and difficulty setting.
- ADDED: Explosion shockwaves can now impact asteroids and junk pieces
- ADDED: Sporadic lightning flashes inside nebulas
- ADDED: Profession parameter is now shown on the Quick scan
- ADDED: Several skill modifiers changed/added
- Sensor jam
- Virus (Chance to drop target's shields on hit)
- Life support sabotage (Reduce target's troop effectiveness)
- Mainframe shutdown (Chance to completely shut-down target on hit)
- Disabling shockwave (Range set to 600)
- Energy drain => Power drain
- Scramble now states Chance to disable weapons on successful hit
- Disabling hit now states Drain target's battery energy (% per second)
- Disabling hit
- Tracer round
- ADDED: Additional Perks are now fully functional
- Space wolf
- Torrent surfer
- Large vessels
- ADDED: Officers that used the same bonuses as the above Perks are now also fully functional
- ADDED: Another difficulty level added. This is mostly ground work for future use.
- ADDED: Several game version checks to comply with latest Steam API
- ADDED: Several notifications (entering hostile territory) received a boost to be more noticeable
- ADDED: Ship is automatically decloaked when anchoring on stations/planets
- UPDATED: Grappling a friendly/allied ship is now treated the same as if you were boarding it
- UPDATED: Accuracy mechanic. Increased weapons fire spread on longer distances.
- UPDATED: Game log records more data to catch potential problems.
- UPDATED: Repairing your ship on a station or planet now removes the effects of Radiation and EMP damage.
- UPDATED: NPCs accuracy improved
- UPDATED: Bounties improved weapons (enhancements)
- UPDATED: Jumping away from a captured ship makes it highly possible for that ship to regain control and flee
- UPDATED: NPCs now carry less Equipment
- UPDATED: Strong gravitational pull is now only possible if influenced by a wormhole
- UPDATED: SETH platform now has limited duration before it self destructs. This is to prevent a potential mem-leak
- UPDATED: Nebulas are now limited to 120 particle patches at a time to improve performance
- UPDATED: Nebula particles orientation
- UPDATED: Several nebulas modified specifically to improve performance (Gulf)
- UPDATED: Tweaked experience gain with trading
- UPDATED: NPC random encounter spawning system now takes into account more variables and relies more on player level, but also on difficulty settings
- UPDATED: (Permanent) Quick Target Scan is now active by default
- UPDATED: When stations react to nearby trouble (someone starting a high-tech space cannon brawl), instead of reaching out to the faction in control of the region, they simply call their own reinforcements.
If you're looking to get more info, check out our official Facebook page and our Twitter channel!
To find out more on how to go about modding Starpoint Gemini 2 even in its current beta stage, visit the Modding website!
If you're looking for Starpoint Gemini 2 Steam store page, look no further ;).
Thank you for reading and safe travels captain!