Capturing the drama and epic conflict of Star Wars, Battlefront II brings the fight online. Attention to detail and scale make this game a joy to behold, with 16 incredible new battlefronts such as Utapau, Mustafar and the space above Coruscant, as well as the Death Star interior and Tantive IV, Princess Leia's blockade runner seen at the beginning of the original Star Wars.
The 2.0 version of the Kothlis: Sea Haven mod map for Star Wars Battlefront 2.
As most of you who played the 1.0 version already know, this map takes place in a resort in the middle of an ocean in the planet Kothlis. It features mostly close-querters combat but there are some sniping positions as well. Before each round, the time of day is randomly chosen by the game, which greatly changes the appearance of the environment, as well as the combat approach that may be required.
What's new in this version:
- A fifth variant was added (Cloudy) which aims to depict a very early and cloudy morning in the ocean.
- The interior of the bungalows was greatly improved, now featuring much better lighting and furniture objects such as beds and tables.
- New game modes were added. Dark Times 2 now has Control and V.I.P. available. A new hunt mode was also added and is available for all eras.
- The map now supports Anakin's Republic Commando era mod.
- And thanks to Mavericthell, the map now has full support for Beach Troopers and all of its game modes. Mav also crafted some pretty cool features specially for this map. Check the README for info on that.
Those are the main highlights. There are several other smaller things that were either added, improved or fixed and you should see them as you play the map. Below are a few pictures of the final result:
And as always, here's our Release Trailer:
That's it. Enjoy.
For further info, visit the map's release thread on gametoast.