The alliance between the Klingons and the United Federation of Planets has never been stronger. Together, they begin construction of a starbase with the ability to detect cloaked ships in the neutral zone. The only thing standing in their way: the Romulans. Play three-sides of an epic conflict for control of the galaxy. Customize each ship's weapons, shields and combat systems to create thousands of ship variants. Recruit crew members who improve your fleet by gaining experience and abilities. Engage in large-scale real-time, ship-to-ship combat. Improved multiplayer Dynaverse mode allows dozens of players to fight for galactic supremacy. An exciting multiplayer component allows you to join one of 4 empires and fight alongside and against other captains for control of the galaxy. You'll be able to form fleets with your friends to raid enemy convoys, siege planets, and attack enemy fortifications. Each victory will bring your side more prestige to bolster its forces for future...
This is my shot at making a decent expansion for Star Trek Starfleet Command 3. As a whole the mod adds 3 new empires and ships from 10 new cultures, several new missions and skirmish scripts, overall faster gameplay, and much improved graphics. In addition the game now supports widescreen resolutions and is compatible with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I hope you enjoy it. This all-in-one version comes with an installer that automatically takes care of all necessary patching and configuration.
SFC3 Upgrade Mod 3.2 ReadME
Author: JanB 05 April 2017
This is my shot at making a decent expansion for Star Trek Starfleet Command 3. As a whole the mod
adds 3 new empires and ships from 10 new cultures, several new missions and skirmish scripts, overall
faster gameplay, and much improved graphics. In addition the game now supports widescreen
resolutions and is compatible with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I hope you enjoy it.
1) Have the base version (1.0 or 1.1) of Starfleet Command 3 installed
2) Run SFC3 Upgrade Mod 3.2 Setup.exe, this installer will automatically take care of all necessary
patching and set the game to your dekstop's resolution.
NOTE: This mod will overwrite you customloadout file, be sure to back your custom ships up, write
their configs down and you can add them after the mod is installed.
CHANGES/ADDITIONS (over all versions of the mod)
1) All weapons are 50% more powerful, Borg weapons are only 40% more powerful, to make the game
2) All Federation, Klingon and Romulan engines are 25% faster, Borg impulse engines are between
13% (types I through VII) and 25% faster (types VII through X).
3) Almost all stock ships and stations have greatly improved textures and/or models.
4) Ships and stations are easier to hit, especially the smaller ones (it should give large ships a better
chance against "mosquito attacks" but really doesn't upset game balance too much).
5) Conquest mode now features a variety of new missions, some done by The Pelikan and El-Karnak,
some made by myself, the casino mission has been removed from conquest mode.
6) The Dominion, Cardassians and Ferengi are added as non-playable races: you will encounter them
during conquest mode on the new 7 races map and their ships are playable in skirmish mode.
7) In conquest mode alliances will be fixed and set up as follows: relations between the stock races will
remain the same as in the original game, the Cardassians are allied to the Romulans and Ferengi and
hostile to everyone else. The Dominion are allied to the Ferengi and hostile to everyone else, the
Ferengi are allied to everyone except the Borg, don't trust the Ferengi though: when they're in your
fleet you'll never know which side they will choose in battles, unless you're fighting the Borg. All
empires except the Ferengi and the Borg have access to starship classes from allied medium or minor
8) All races have their own shuttles.
9) Most of the planets and space backgrounds (nebulas, etc...) have new high-res textures (a
combination of designs by Xeryx and myself).
10) Pulse phasers, photon, gravitmetric and quantum torpedoes have new textures and sounds,
disruptors, cutting beams, tachyon pulses and tractor beams have new textures.
11) Shields are blue now, but will turn red when almost depleted.
12) Fleets in conquest mode can now hold up to three ships of any hull class, even battleships.
13) Assaulting bases and planets will now turn those sectors over to your side more quickly.
14) You will now start conquest mode in a ship with a full equipment loadout, of the same class as in
the original game.
15) Sensor ranges of all bridge computer types have been increased.
16) Phasers and Romulan disruptors are thinner.
17) Shields regenerate more quickly.
18) Freighters now have better phasers and hull armor.
19) All battleships (BB) now come with a full equipment loadout and fully stocked with shuttles, mines
20) AI ships with full equipment loadouts will now cross your path from time to time in conquest
21) I've added some more escort ships in the impossible (in the patched version of the game anyway)
mission "Elusive Quarry" to make it beatable. This script does not require my mod, so anyone can use
22) Waiting time before conquest mode missions has been reduced.
23) Officers can now take more damage.
24) Ships in campaigns can now travel 2 hexes in one move.
25) Borg armour has been reduced by 10%, to make the game more balanced.
26) The campaign help menu now has entries on the Dominion, Cardassian Union, Ferengi Alliance
and neutral space.
27) In the story campaigns the period before you're forcibly moved to the hex of your next mission has
28) In the skirmish menu the game points limit is now set to a default value of 999999 instead of
29) The Klingons get an extra mass 400 primary weapon, the "Beam Disruptor". It has a much slower
firing rate but does a lot more damage, especially at long ranges than the Disruptor IVF. It is also slightly more accurate.
30) The Romulans get an extra mass 400 primary weapon, the "Bolt Disruptor". It does more damage,
but has a slower firing rate than the R-Disruptor IVF. It is also slightly less accurate.
31) The slow phasers have been turned into blue Dominion polaron beams, these have the same firing
rate and weapon stats as their corresponding phaser type.
32) Dominion ships and stations now have their own "controlling empire" race logo.
33) Ships will now pass through planets instead of colliding with them.
34) Freighters of all races are now playable in skirmish.
35) The following ships will be added:
- Ju'day class corvette (FS), more widely known as the raider used by the Maquis, slightly weaker than
the Saber class. It is only playable in skirmish mode, but you will encounter raiders crewed by pirates
in conquest mode.
- Runabout gun boat (PG), only playable in skirmish mode, slightly weaker than the Ju'day class
- Nova class (FF), Olympic class (FF), same specs as the Saber class
- Miranda class (DD), same specs as the Norway class
- Steamrunner class (CL) and Centaur class (CL), same specs as the original Intrepid class, the Intrepid
class itself gets 100 more mass to spend on weapons, the Defiant class gets 250 more mass to spend on
shields and the orientation of its primary hardpoints has been changed
- Cheyenne class (CL), same specs as the Intrepid class
- Nyberrite Cruiser (CL), same specs as the Intrepid class
- New Orleans class (CA), same specs as the Excelsior class
- Ambassador class (BC), same specs as the Nebula class
- Gorn Wyvern class (BC), slightly more powerful than the Nebula class
- Heavy Sovereign class (BB), almost identical to the original Sovereign (which is still present), but
slightly more powerful weapons and with better hardpoints
- Prometheus class (BB), same specs as the Heavy Sovereign class
- Nausicaan Frigate (FF), same specs as the Bird of Prey
- Heavy Negh'var class (BB), almost identical to the original Negh'var class (which is still present), but
slightly more powerful weapons and with better hardpoints
- Tzenkethi Raider (FF), same specs as the Talon class
- Tholian Interceptor (DD), same specs as the Falcon class
- Valdore class (CA), slightly more powerful than the Hawk class
- D'Koren class (FF and a DD version for the AI), slightly weaker than the Saber class
- D'Kora class (identical CL and CA versions), slightly weaker than the Centaur and Steamrunner
- D'Naren class (BC), an extra-large Ferengi warship, comparable to the Nebula class
- Jem'Hadar Attackship (FF), weaker shields and armor but better weapons than the Saber class
- Breen Patrol Ship (DD), same specs as the K’Vort class
- Jem’Hadar Cruiser (CL), same specs as the Intrepid class
- Breen Warship (CA), comparable to the Fek'lhr class
- Breen Command Ship (BC), comparable to the Vor'cha class
- Jem'Hadar Warship (DN), same specs as the Sovereign class
- Jem'Hadar Battleship (BB), slightly more powerful than a Heavy Sovereign
- Pirate Raider (FF), identical to the Ju'day class
- Ferengi Light Privateer (FF), identical to the D'Koren
- Breen privateer (DD), identical to the Breen Patrol Ship
- Ferengi Heavy Privateer (CL), identical to the D'Kora
- Pirate Heavy Cruiser (CA), same specs as the Akira class
- Hideki class (FF), same specs as the Saber class
- Rasilak class (DD), same specs as the Norway class
- Son'a Destroyer (DD), same specs as the Norway class
- Galor class (CL), same specs as the Centaur and Steamrunner classes
- Keldon class (CA), same specs as Akira class
- Veracidor class (BC), same specs as Nebula class
- Son'a Dreadnaught (DN), same specs as the Galaxy class
- Hutet class (BB), almost identical to the Heavy Sovereign class
- The Doomsday Machine (BB), a slow moving but very powerful monster and the Crystalline entity, a
weaker but more agile monster with 360 degree firing arcs. These monsters are only playable in
skirmish mode but will make an appearance as a monster in conquest mode where they will replace the
stock monster on a random basis.
-The Pyramid Prime has been replaced by the Probe (as seen on ST Voyager), but enough references to
the Pyramid Prime have been left in the spec files to avoid problems with scripted missions.
- Species 8472 Scout (DD) and Species 8472 Bioship (BB) are playable in skirmish mode and can be
encountered in conquest mode by Borg players.
- In skirmish mode Breen and Nausicaan ships are availabe under the Klingon race slot, all Jem'Hadar,
Cardassian, Gorn, Nyberrite, Pirate, Rakellian, Son'a and Ferengi ships are available under the
Federation's race slot while Tholian and Tzenkethi ships are available under the Romulan race slot and
the Crystalline Entity, Doomsday Machine and Species 8472 ships are available under the Borg slot.
- All races have the stations they need to make conquest mode run smoothly.
36) Changed/new missions:
Surprised Reversed: same as the original, but Dominion, Cardassian and Ferengi fleets can now be
Convoy Escort: protect a convoy from attackers, there doesn't have to be convoy in your hex on the
map for this mission to show up
Distress Call/Emergency: a ship of your empire, less or equally powerful powerful as your own ship
(but it also depends on the difficulty setting) is under attack by enemy ships who, together, are twice as
powerful as the distressed ship, usually that means two ships of the same hullclass, but with pirates or
Rakellians it could be more than two ships. The Dominion, Ferengi and Cardassians are all possible
Scan: same as before, but now all of your enemies can attack your ship, the strength of the attackers
depends on your ship's hullclass and the difficulty setting, scan range is increased to 30.
Resistance: your territory is invaded by Species 8472 when playing as Borg, when playing as other
races the Borg are the invaders.
Intruder Alert: there are now three variations of this mission. One is the original mission, the other ones
features the Doomsday Machine or Crystalline Entity as monsters.
Convoy Assault: now also features Dominion, Ferengi and Cardassian convoys.
Shipyard Assualt: now correctly features Dominion, Cardassian and Ferengi shipyards and defenders.
Light Patrol: you will face ~3 enemy ships, enemy team strength is based on your ship's hullclass and
the difficulty setting, you will also be assigned AI helper ships.
Heavy Patrol: same as counter punch patrol but now you face ~6 enemy ships.
Base Attack: same as before but with AI helper ships for the player, depending on the difficulty setting.
Planetary Attack: now also features AI helper ships.
Banzai: several waves of Jem’Hadar Attackships attack one of your outposts, stand your ground.
Seek & Destroy: you are tasked with destroying an enemy battleship rampaging through the region.
The enemy battleship will be escorted by two frigates. You will be assigned AI helper ships, their
numbers and hullclasses depend on your own hullclass and the difficulty setting. You will be severely
outgunned unless you are flying a battleship of your own, but staying right on top of the battleship, in
its "blind spot" gives you a fair chance of success. The Borg Cube cannot be encountered in this
mission (it's too powerful and has too many wide firing arcs).
Additional missions (by El-Karnak and The Pelican) are: Scout, The Neutral Zone, Pirate Raid, Routine
Patrol and Hostile Territory.
Base Assault: when no defending race is specified, defenders will be Dominion, Cardassian, Ferengi or
Pirates with their corresponding starbase (Ferengi starbase for Pirates).
Wolf 359: AI helper ships now belong to the fleet race, instead of always the Federation, if the fleet
race is Borg the helper ships will be from Species 8472, if no fleet race is specified the fleet will consist
of Federation ships that were around in the 2360s.
DS9 Assault: Similar to Base Assault, only now the starbase is Deep Space 9 itself. Defenders will be
assisted by a small Federation fleet, attackers get AI helper ships from their own race, if the attacking
race is Federation the helper ships will be Dominion, if no attacking race is specified the attacking fleet
will consist of Jem'Hadar, Breen and Cardassian ships (Dominion War-style).
Fleetpick: use the Fleetpick utility to play as any ship or station in the game and have up to 6v8 battles.
Spawn: use the Spawn utility to fight endless waves of enemy ships.
Free For All Double: same as regular Free For All, but with one twist: every ship is cloned so you can
have up to 12 ships in a game.
Free For All Triple: every ship is now cloned twice so you can have up to 18 ships in a game.
El-Karnak and The Pelican for their mission scripts, Pelican also wrote the 9 races map tutorial. The
assimilate, distress call/emergency, seek & destroy, scan/survey, counter punch patrol and fleet action
scripts are my own creations, I sometimes named the files after those of other authors so saved games
in earlier versions of the mod won't get corrupted.
CaptainFiredrake: Blue shields.
Brad Villa: Tutorial.
Baz1701: Ferengi base stations.
Centauri Vaughn: Fleetpick and Spawn 2.0 utilities.
Ghostrider: Weapon textures.
Aad Moerman: Tholian Interceptor.
Damocelesx/Dark Racer: Son'a Dreadnought, Son'a Destroyer.
Darkdrone: Ferengi shuttle, Breen Patrol Ship, Breen Warship, Breen Command Ship, Dominion base
stations, Deep Space 9, Centaur, Planets, Runabout, Galaxy, Nebula, Federation Freighter, Klingon
Defense Platform, Borg Defense Platform, Species 8472 Scout, Species 8472 Bioship, Cardassian Star
Dock, Raptor, Cardassian bases, Federation Shuttle, Federation Space Dock, Klingon Defense
Platform, Klingon Star Dock,
K'T'Inga, Negh’Var, Romulan bases, Federation Defense Platform.
Redragon: Breen Patrol Ship, Breen Warship, Breen Command Ship, Nova, Sovereign, Cardassian
Kane: Dominion Freighter, Cardassian Defense Platform, Dominion Defense Platform, D'Koren,
Nine of Nine: Jem'Hadar Attackship, Defiant.
Zorg: Hideki, Galor, Keldon, Cardassian shuttle, Cardassian freighter, Veracidor, Hutet, Rasilak,
Ju'day/raider, Gorn Wyvern.
Moonraker: Federation bases.
Pneumonic81: Ambassador, Miranda, Steamrunner, Akira, Norway, Bird of Prey, K’Vort.
DarkMatrix: Borg Cube, Borg Star Dock.
Interstellar Machine: Olympic.
Queball: Nyberrite Cruiser, Saber.
LC Amaral: Shrike, Nausicaan Frigate, New Orleans, Warbird, Falcon, Cheyenne.
Scotchy/JamesTiberiusKirkErazoren: Galaxy, Nebula.
Chris Jones: Prometheus, and showing me how a ship can move more than one hex.
Fallen_Warrior: Planets, Doomsday Machine, Crystal Entity, Federation Star Dock, Valdore.
ModelsPlease: Dominion Shuttle.
Cordanilus: Crystal Entity.
Smiley: Jem’Hadar Cruiser, Jem’Hadar Warship, Jem’Hadar Battleship, Federation Star Dock.
MajorRacal: Romulan Defense Platform.
Scorpion: Talon, Rakellian Shuttle.
WickedZombie: Ferengi Defense Platform.
Xeryx: Space backgrounds.
TarMinyatur for his tips on hex editing.
Taldren, Ritual Entertainment, Maddoc, Totally Games, Bethesda, Microprose and Activision for all the
stock SFC, Armada, Legacy and Bridge Commander material.
The thousands of people who kept downloading previous versions of this old mod and gave me the
motivation to come back to work on it after all those years.
This Mod and server contains BETA unreleased material which is protected by the initial install End
User Licensed Agreement of Starfleet Command III. Licensed material included in this Mod is not
authorized by Taldren or Activision to be stripped, reverse engineered and inserted into nonauthorized
materials as such uses are considered to be illegal. This Mod is authorized by Taldren for use in Single
Player, Multi Player and the Server in which it was developed to be used with. Material used outside
the specifications listed or reverse engineering can result in penalties such as IP address banning from
Dynaverse, Banning from Taldren Forums, Computer and Software Confiscation, (US) Federal
Copywrite Infringement Lawsuit charges with punishment including a fine not to exceed $250,000.
Please use this mod for only the purpose intended.
This notification is defined as a Non Disclosure Agreement. Balancing issues, graphical issues such as
UI placement or locations of where the weapons fire is considered to be public information and can be
posted in public.. hard coded material such as map item interaction, etc, which are unchangable by the
Server Admin is considered private information and can only be discussed via Email with any Taldren
Beta Test member, Taldren Admin Staff, or the Server Administrator and is not to be posted in any
forum that is accessable to the public, whether of not the forum is public or private. Game bugs found
when using should be Emailed to the creator of the mod or posted on their forum only due to this being
an Unreleased Test Build covered with this NDA. Since this is a Mod, Certain components are licensed
material. Components that are not licensed IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION OR
TALDREN. Please check with Server Admin about which components are Licensed and which are not.
YOU WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO SELL ANY PART OF THIS MOD. You have my (JanB) permission
to use this mod for your own mods as you see fit, all I ask for is to be included in the credits, but other
modders mentioned in the credits may want you to contact them before using their work.