The new version 188.8.131.52 patch for Star Ruler is out, fixing multiplayer issues, adding in a new system management window, and adding a new Hull and Technology.
Posted by ThyReaper on Oct 8th, 2010
The new version 184.108.40.206 patch for Star Ruler is out, fixing multiplayer issues, adding in a new system management window, adding a new Hull and Technology, and adding new fleet formations (note that Box formation is currently unstable).
- Fixed an error in the stellar-pedia (Research World description)
- Docking now works in multiplayer
- Fixed research issues in multiplayer
- Re-ordering items in a planet queue now drags the last item of the group.
- Quantum Compressors had no effect on economic storage and ship bays.
- Stealth Hulls now execute their miss logic before their damage absorption.
- Fixed an issue with unicode localizations.
- Ringworlds were boosting both the size and level of structures, leading to epic strangeness.
- Small objects will no longer be cut off so drastically.
- Bussard Ramjets were ignoring the thrust multiplier in settings.txt
- The structure list was behaving weirdly (erratically reordering, removing the wrong level) when removing structures.
- The research queue was failing to save.
- Systems were being sync'd to a slightly different position on the client, which lead to some strangeness.
- Object ownership changes are managed differently now, reducing overall bandwidth usage.
- AIs now make liberal use of fighters.
- The default fighter design now uses the Fighter Hull, and has a longer flight time.
- AIs now intelligently queue up designs, leading to less wasted production capacity in games with many systems.
- Redid a significant portion of Sub System base code. Modders will need to redo any modifiers they have created, see the game's existing modifiers for examples.
- Updated German, Russian, French and Polish translations.
- AIs will be more intelligent about their research.
- Player names are now matched to their empire in the empire screen in multiplayer.
- A message is now displayed if you fail to connect to a server.
- Added the Fighter Hull, a hull for small ships (scale 1 or smaller) that has the ability to dodge attacks while moving. It is also light, slightly cheaper than normal, but very weak.
- Added an option to enable/disable Vertical Sync.
- Added console command zplane (default 140000) to control the near clipping plane.
- Large ships become rapidly more expensive to build as difficulties in construction lead to massive losses of resources.
- Added a new technology: Mega Construction. Advancing this technology will unlock the Ringworld (with two other techs researched), and reduce the cost of building massive ships.
- Fleet formations (wall, box, escort, wedge).
- Ship stances / engagement orders ("Engage at will", "Hold position", "Hold fire").
- Added new system window with more information, more controls, and multi-system support.
- Added new AI ship designs.
- Owned planets and ships can now be renamed through a button on the info panel. (Not fully supported in multiplayer)