Star Ruler is a 4X/RTS Hybrid on a grand scale. Mod everything, design anything; play what you want, how you want, when you want.
Updates Star Ruler from version 1054 to version 1060. Full changelog included in the full description.
* Fixed floating point errors in cargo and ship bay spaces.
* Fixed a floating point error when deciding if a ship is disabled.
* Artillery was using the wrong effector.
* Some blueprints for the AIs were broken at early tech levels.
* Linked Subsystem glows now only show for sub systems that are actually linked.
* 'Metal Mandate' was acting like 'Metal Focus.'
* Missile racks weren't taking their clip size into account when predicting damage output, causing too many missile racks to target the same object.
* Fighter hulls and stealth systems would aid in dodging Flak and Shield Bomb damage.
* Ships actually take directional damage now!
* Fixed a crash in multiplayer related to objects being destroyed.
* Defend and Work orders on stationary objects will no longer give attack/use tool orders to objects that are too far away.
* Further improved the movement system, in particular when chasing fast objects.
* Changed power generation to reduce the likelihood of a ship shutting down at high tick rates.
* The default Fighter design wasn't very good at its job.
* Fighters automatically launched from carriers would not return to their carrier after attacking.
* Fixed a crash (PVFC) related to fleet icons.
* The repair bay is now properly classified as Support in sub system lists.
* AIs now perform many tasks at a time based on how many are present to be performed. Fixes the AIs getting 'stuck' late game. (Thanks Foraven)
* Many repair beams should spread out amongst different targets better.
* Effects on ships (e.g. damage events) weren't being saved.
* Carriers could try to dock into themselves by ordering the fleet they were in to dock in them.
* You may now click on the name of a constructed ship in the message to select/zoom to that ship.
* Fixed ship port logic; should now trade resources more effectively.
* Resolutions larger than your largest monitor (in either dimension) will no longer be listed, and your native resolution will be listed if it is not.
* AIs were managing their fleets in very poor ways, causing them to be scattered across the galaxy.
* Fixed comet tails and attack glow effects on some video cards.
* Fixed removing cargo storages causing significant problems.
* Sub system and ship explosions no longer play if you can't see the system.
* Some values for spin boxes would cause a crash.
* AIs considered Pirates and Remnants as warring opponents, making the AIs far less likely to wage war.
* Dragging some windows would be very laggy (e.g. race customization).
* Planets that are under attack will experience rapid moral loss.
* 'Auto' governor now uses more economic worlds in the first 10 minutes of the game.
* Reduced galaxy gas density for dumbbell galaxies.
* Space Port now uses a split level: Trade rate comes from Economics, storage size comes from Cargo.
* In the right-click menu, "Use Tool...Tool" is now "Use Tool".
* In the right-click menu, tools can have a special "Use" name, like "Colonize Planet".
* Further reduced space damage.
* Flak will now only automatically attack when things get within 80% of its max range, to avoid only hitting a few targets when a large mass of units is approaching.
* Links in the in-game IRC window can now be clicked.
* Diplomacy cannot be conducted with empires before meeting one of their ships or planets. Can be disabled by toggling "Start in Full Contact" from the new game menu.
* Homeworld starts with 2 less farms, and instead starts with a space port and ship yard.
* Changed how fighter hull dodging works to make it easier for fighters to hit each other, and so a fast moving attacker doesn't suffer from its own speed.
* Changed base designs to be generally better, especially with regards to recent changes.
* Crew Quarters regenerate 1% of the crew per second.
* Planets without enough food will lose no more than 10% of their people per second.
* Running out of food now reduces mood of a planet, at worst at the same rate as lacking goods.
* Docked ships are now repaired by the carrier's repair bays and crew if the carrier is at full health.
* System Searches (used by the AI) are now batched. This significantly improves performance with many AIs, or many ships controlled by the AI.
* Updated the Aggressor AI (Thanks Superking).
* Deadend research links refund 10% of their cost to the tech, and repeated links (unlocking an already unlocked tech) refunds 20% of the cost of the link to the unlocked tech.
* Optimized engine flares.
* Effects can have up to 6 values.
* Economic structures now produce partial output when there are not enough workers to run all structures. This prevents a planet from dying off due to the single space port shutting down, for example.
* Revamped the blueprint import window for easier import of multiple designs and to add a delete button for designs in the profile.
* Star Ruler now keeps saves, mods, screenshots, etc. in "My Documents/My Games/Star Ruler". Files in the previous folder will be moved to the new folder when you launch Star Ruler.
* "Indebted" race trait now takes 50% of all resources exported to the bank for the first 20 minutes.
* Repair tool repair rate reduced by 50%.
* Bussard Ramjet no longer takes up double the apparent size, and has increased thrust output (still much lower than thrusters).
* Significantly increased the range and average damage of flak.
* Bulkheads no longer get hit before other sub systems.
* Bulkheads on armor now provide a third less bonus hitpoints than on regular systems.
* Flak cannot be fitted on fighter hulls, and must be a minimum size of 1 (scale 1 on a scale 1).
* Boarding Parties now require power and air.
* Doubled labor cost of structures.
* Tripled labor cost of planet cannons, lasers, and shields (in addition to the previous increase).
* Reduced starting population of colonies - 1M/structure down from 6M
* Spamming minimum-size colony ships should no longer be effective, at all.
* "Fast Metabolism" trait now awards 1 point.
* "Natural Green Thumb" trait now grants 2 levels of biology (down from 5)
* Slightly increased goods generation.
* Upgrading structures multiple levels will now be significantly more expensive, but upgrading 1 level will be unchanged.
* Added a new version of the Civil Acts window to make total effects much more obvious.
* Costs of ships, ship systems, and structures are now displayed in their hover boxes.
* The subsystem damage window in the bottom right now has a "Layout" mode that displays the blueprint with damaged systems in red.
* Empire stats (e.g. Galactic Bank resources) now have rate-tracking to provide income, expenses, and demands at regular intervals.
* Added setStat/subStat functions to scripts to complement addStat, as well ass addDemand to alter the new demand component of stat tracking.
* The "makeShip" function now returns the id the constructed ship will eventually have. Useful to the AIs for tracking their build orders.
* Added "Balanced Start" option to maps. Forces players to start in systems with 3 or 4 planets, avoiding systems with too few or too many planets.
* Added support for multiple loading screen backgrounds. Default is Images/loading_background.png, and additional backgrounds are named loading_background1.png, loading_background2.png, etc.
* The Layout View Mode of the Blueprint Window now displays which subsystems are affecting whichever stat you mouse over.
* All global stats in the Blueprint Window now display tooltips that inform the player what each stat is used for when the player hovers over them.
* A default strike craft blueprint can be assigned for carriers in the blueprints window.
* Option in the blueprints window to build carriers filled with a full strike craft complement.
* Option in the blueprints window to let carriers automatically order nearby planets to build new strike craft if they lose any.
* Automation orders given to new ships can be edited on a per-blueprint basis in the blueprints window.
* Ship defend range: can be set between current system only (default), local area (x AU) and entire galaxy. Ships will move to other systems you can see enemies in within their defend range.
* ExtTexts can now use
* Removed unused earthbump.jpg and sunmap.jpg.
* Removed TemplateArg support for script functions, as it didn't work anyway.
* Removed "Currency-free Economy" trait as it does not work with the new economy.