Open world Survival & Hunting Game News
* Hit locations now show up when you shoot a stag. ( basically you get a blood impact mark on the part of the animal you shoot.)
* A basic HUD is starting to take shape. The HUD will be a key press so you don't need to look at it all the time. Frees up the Screen for the game. The HUD will take a lot of work as new developments in Virtual Reality mean existing HUD designs may not be the best solution. Until more is known expect the HUD to remain very basic.
* Demo map almost completed (approx 40 sq-km) .
Info on glowing eyes 'click' here
* The Stag (Testing Animal) now gets blood splatters and a decal when shot, it also leaves tracks which you can follow to find it. Its pretty cool but without the fluorescent green this is going to be a hard game. Even with the tracks illuminated it is very hard. as soon as the light fades or the animal heads into the woods you will have your work cut out.
* Weapon effects and animations are still none existent but its indie so what do you expect. Now there are 2 of us working on the mechanics things should speed up. We haven't hit any problems and its just a matter of time to get it done.
* animals don't yet leave any rewards as the inventory is only now starting to get sorted. Items will come at a weight cost so the the more weight you carry the slower you will go.
* Kick starter is planned for around xmas if I manage to get it all done in time. Needed for licenses and a lot of other stuff as well.
PRE ALPHA TANGO DEMO BUILD V1.1
* about 40-sqkm open world map
* probably 1 weapons (ak47)
* probably a torch
* day and night cycle
* 1 season (summer)
* dynamic water
* real-time lighting
* hopefully the aircraft to crash
* Able to move your base to new location
* Demo will be updated with new features but the map size will stay the same.
* Expect Q4 2013
Something half decent. Developed on a cheap DX11 card, 8GB Memory, Dual Core.
its an indie game. Testers will be contacted soon.
If you are a fan of the game what can you do to help?
The biggest challenge facing any small indie team is getting the game seen by gamers. Not everyone comes to indiedb and so any links you can add to blogs or websites is very much appreciated as it helps increase site rankings. Without a marketing team NO RETURN will struggle to get enough support so its very much appreciated those that help the cause.
Mentioning hunting, survival, open world, game, pc in the links would be appreciated as it all helps. Also using those words in comments and posts all helps.
* Tell your m8s about the game as word of mouth is one thing which can really help the game reach its project goals.
* Watch the game as it lets us know the health of the games community.
* Visit the official site and subscribe for the demo day email message. This is a one time e-mail you will receive when the demo is available for download. This lets us know how many people are interested in the demo which is vital information for us to have.
Go Here : Sites.google.com
* Developers are welcome to contact scotland3d(@)gmail.com with any offers for involvement in the development of the game. Its hoped the ability to create your own maps will be made available.
* Any mod enthusiasts should get in contact now so that we keep the game easily accessible to the Mod community.
* Developers with per-existing game mechanics (co-op, adventure games ect) who wish to discuss a partnership and help develop other titles using the current large scale map please contact scotland3d(@)gmail.com.
* A big thank you to all of you for watching the game and I hope to have access available soon.
It wont be perfect but being a perfectionist has caused delays. Ill be biting the bullet and focusing on getting it to you now that a few more of the mechanics are working. At least now you can track and shoot stags and thats the main thing I wanted to be ready for you.
Half the fun of indie games is the fact not all code bugs are viewed as bad. A classic example would be when during development stags did the Moon Walk. Ill try and put it back in later, after all who doesn't want to see a Stag moon walk across a field. Its one of natures strange and mysterious sides, something you very rarely see out in the wild. Ill also try and finalize the blood effects at the least so you can start to get a feel for how messy hunting and surviving will be.
As for GLEE (Gaseous Lower Expulsion Events) that will be added as well, not that it will probably do anything yet apart from play a sound effect.
Latest tweets from @scotland3d
A New Blog updated now and again with NO RETURN Development News T.co
Oct 6 2013, 4:30pm
Good to be back, got a vid uploaded which I hope you all enjoy and a few demo screenshots.
Oct 3 2013, 12:36pm
off on holiday for a week. When I get back hope to have some good videos of the Stag moving about.
Sep 26 2013, 1:01pm
Going to have a skin painting competition for the fugitive game character.
Sep 25 2013, 4:49pm
If you want an email when the full game demo is released click link. cheers for the support. it all helps.https://t.co/JVJEYxBN1o
Sep 20 2013, 6:20am
probably get some firing range vids and screens up of new weapons this week. Definitely some new screenshots on main site for weapons.
Sep 20 2013, 6:19am
WOW! - New Site opened to fans. T.co
Sep 17 2013, 7:44am
The footsteps are now working but need some changes, good to see the player starting to be track-able, same will be used for animals.
Sep 9 2013, 7:47am
First look at iron sight weapons T.co
Sep 3 2013, 5:01pm
First iron sight weapons are now ready for some projectiles, shouldn't be too much longer before firing range v1.1 is out.
Sep 3 2013, 11:40am