NO RETURN V1.125 - Shoot some fugitives and explore as you go. Not a demo just a development update. More downloads to follow soon. Remember to watch...
NO RETURN NEWS 16th July
NO RETURN will be heading to IndieGoGo to try and get the cash needed for the development to continue. With development currently in limbo its the final roll of dice to try and get the game made. Watch this space for news on the campaign launch.
So whats been achieved?
1) 350 sq-km open world map. Not perfect and not as I want it but it works and can be improved upon given some time.
2) procedural grass. Again it works which is the main thing, bugs are fixable so grass wont float if we get chance to fix it. It will also come in different types. Bushes are also still to be added for additional cover.
3) Animals work which is the main thing but without cash I cant spent the time on bringing all the development parts together. Stags, Crows, Ducks, Rabbits, Trout are all working to a basic level and from those land, air and water classes others could be easily added with additional AI improvements.
4) Hud / Inventory. A major part which Ive tried to get added for over 9 months but without much success. Hopefully with some cash the programmer can get it working for us all. Its the last major challenge so keep an eye out for the funding campaign when it starts.
5) basic weapons and pickups all ready to be added.
6) Summer and winter seasons working to basic degree.
7) fugitives and mercenary AI running which is cool. a lot to do with them but survival and hunting is the main priority.
So a lot is there but we need cash to get it all put together and working. it wont be pretty but it will be a playable survival and hunting game. From there we can go back through it all and add some much needed polish to it. This is the last roll of the dice for the NO RETURN concept so time will tell if V1.125 is the last download made available or not. Thanks for watching and ill let you know when the campaign is up and running.
If you have any suggestions let me know. Cheers.