Project Savior is a sci-fi horror shooter for ZDoom source port, similar gameplay-wise to games like System Shock and Strife. Unlike the traditional Doom mods, this game has complex developed story, lots of dialogue and scripted events. The levels are mixture of realism and arcade abstraction, following the traditions of Doom's Episode 1 and the Simplicity mod. Currently, a demo based on the Teaser version is in development. The resources are mostly taken from FreeDoom, HACX or crafted manually (for now...)
This is the proof-of-concept public alpha release, containing 2 maps, 2 weapons (fist and Bloodsucker) and 1 enemy type (zombie nurses). I'm eagerly awaiting on the feedback concerning the level design and interface!
For those unfamiliar with (G)ZDoom mods launching:
- download ZDoom from Zdoom.org or GZDoom from Osnanet.de
- extract the (G)ZDoom package to a folder (ex. D:\Games\ZDoom)
- download FreeDoom from Nongnu.org (choose the 'Complete IWAD' link)
- extract the FreeDoom wad to the ZDoom folder (ex. D:\Games'ZDoom\doom2.wad or freedoom.wad - please use only these filenames!)
- download the PS alpha and unzip to the same folder (ex. D:\Games\ZDoom\Savior_a.wad)
- create a BAT file containing the following line: 'zdoom.exe -file savior_a.wad'
- run the BAT file
- Happy hunting!