Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha! This week David focused on optimizations and bug fixes, which would be hard to demonstrate in a video. The changes are listed inside.
Posted by jeffr on Oct 4th, 2011
Here is the new weekly Overgrowth alpha! This week David focused on optimizations and bug fixes, which would be hard to demonstrate in a video. The changes are below.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas, and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
- Faster active ragdoll animation
- Ragdolls go to sleep faster to stop using resources
- Faster terrain material checks
- Character skinning optimizations
- Can dodge using controllers
- Fix for crash when no joysticks are connected
- Fix for missing xinput dll
- Fixed physics debug world lighting
- Fixed procedural stance initialization bug
- Fix for enemies grabbing weapons while unconscious
- Fixed problem with mouse grab when auto camera is enabled
- More informative loading text
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
Be sure to subscribe below for the new video next week.