OpenArena is a community-produced deathmatch FPS based on GPL idTech3 technology. There are many game types supported including Free For All, Capture The Flag, Domination, Overload, Harvester, and more. There are 17 unique player models to choose from and 12 weapons.
This map is based on dm-curse for UT. I made this years ago and now I'm releasing an updated version under GPLv2.
- Aggressive hint brush (a lot of pre computed occlusion)
- New textures for the light fixtures
- New custom skybox
- Part of the blue area has been retextured as red to break repetition
- Increased lightmap's res from 512 to 2048
- Lightmap compiled with radiosity
- Lightmaps with sRGB color space
- Higher resolution textures
- Rearranged some lights, overall map is brighter than before
- Ditched compensate and gamma in favor of new extradist
- Some minor changes to gameplay: two jumpads were launching players against the ceiling; the blue trim above the shotgun's room has an extra blue brick
BSP: -patchmeta -meta
Light: -light -fast -samples 4 -cheap -cheapgrid -patchshadows -filter -dirtscale 2 -bounce 2 -fastbounce -bouncegrid -gamma 0.9
- Replaced grey area with lemon green
- Bouncescale to increase color bleeding and indirect lighting
- Ditched floodlight
- Lowered lightmap resolution from 2048 to 1024
Light switches: -light -filter -samples 4 -fast -cheap -cheapgrid -patchshadows -bouncegrid -bounce 3 -bouncescale 2.5 -compensate 2.25 -gamma 1.2
Compensate is used to compensate for overbrightness caused by bouncescale. Gamma, in turn, compensates for the low brightness of shadows which become darker because of the former.