Hey there, horror fans! Just letting you know that a new build of One Night: Full Circle (Build 5.4r) is now online on Desura for the first time as well as IndieDB, adding a few much-needed updates to the game and addressing a couple of requests made by players.
This new build isn't drastically different to the previous builds (at least, not on the same level that my recent updates to One Night and Legionwood were) but there's still a fair amount of new content in the game to check out, including the addition of a brand new Hard Mode for experienced players, which ups the number of enemies and drastically reduces the amount of supplies you'll find in game.
The other changes to Build 5.3 include:
- Items, supplies, files and weapons are now sorted into different inventory tabs, making it a lot easier to locate items.
- Puzzle items that are no longer needed are removed from the inventory to prevent clutter.
- Due to popular demand, the Electric Saw item that is found in the University can now be equipped as a weapon, rather than just being a puzzle item. It is much stronger than the Handgun but has limited uses (though you can find a replacement Battery Pack for it).
- The writing in cutscenes and files has been cleaned up and errors rectified/awkward sentences rewritten.
- The morality counter has been adjusted so that it is now actually possible to get the good ending (previously, it was set up in such a way that you couldn't ever get enough good morality to unlock the ending). I'm not sure how this bug went unnoticed for such a long period of time, but it's fixed now.
- Game events have been slightly optimised to cut down on lag that some people were experiencing.
I also discovered that the One Night trilogy now has a TV Tropes page that was created by someone who apparently really likes the games. Check it out here.
I was also required to create a trailer so that the game could be accepted on Desura. Check it out!