It's been a while since the last update, but rest assured that a new version of Novostrana will be released soon!
The following changes are as of Sunday 13th December 2009.
Changes already implemented for the next release:
- Updates - You will be able to check for updates with just one click.
- Saved Game Auto-Updater - Where possible, your saved games will be automatically updated to work with newer versions of the game when they come out.
- More Areas - More areas have been created since the last release.
- Access All Areas - Some areas in the previous version were included but locked out. These will now be available to explore.
- More Quests - Several new quests will be included.
- New Start and Backstory - The story for Novostrana has completely changed, and so has your character's background.
- New Levelling System - The levelling system has been completely overhauled.
- New Battle System - We have a brand new, action packed battle system for this version!
- New Title Screen & Menus - We have overhauled some of the menus.
- New HUD - A new HUD system has now been implemented which adds a new mini-map and quick access via hotkeys to any item in your inventory.
- Full Screen Mode - The game will now automatically start in full-screen mode.
- Credits - Now all the people responsible for making this game possible are credited.
- Moddable - The game will now be moddable if you have RPG Maker XP.
Changes that still need to be implemented before the next release:
- Installation - You will be able to install Novostrana instead of just running it from your Downloads folder.
- Many Bugs Fixed - The game will be thoroughly tested before the next release.
- Fast Travel - If you don't want to be bothered with exploring, you can fast-travel to any settlement in the game world.
- Banking System - You will be able to deposit Gold into the Bank of Wellenstadt.
- Enemies - Enemies still need to be implemented properly and added to the game world.
- And More!