This project is no-longer under development. The final "Internal" version of the game is available for download.
This is the installer for the latest version of Novostrana. For more details about what is included in this release, please see the Changelog below.
1. Added Health and Vitality potions to the game.
2. Changed HUD to display Health and Vitality bars more accurately.
3. Changed 'Skill Points' to 'Vitality Points' and 'SP' to 'VP'.
4. Running and Jumping will now lower VP.
5. VP will recharge over time and recharge faster when sneaking.
6. Implemented new book viewing system.
7. Added new books and documents.
8. Redesigned the title screen background.
10. Added Running and Jumping as Skills.
11. Shadows have been removed.
12. ABS Pre-Menu disabled.
13. Hotkeys disabled.
14. Shop Loyalty system replaced with a Settlement Prosperity system.
15. Some controls have been remapped.
16. Some dialogue bugs corrected.
17. A new start has been implemented.
18. Mr Baldadrir is now called Vilfred.
19. Vilfred is now a Village Headman.
20. Mapped the 'M' Key to open the music selection menu and removed the option from the Journal.
21. Added new 'Statistics' option to the Journal.
22. The way bandits work has been changed.
23. Evil dialogue options and actions have been removed.
24. Fame has been added to the game, but due to the low number of quests it has not been implemented yet.
25. An inventory weight limit system has been included.
26. You can now buy a bag to increase the weight limit.
27. Created new enemy groups.
28. Adjusted all weapons to have a greater reach to make combat easier.
29. Adjusted prices of all Weapons and Armours.
30. Changed some menu vocabulary.
31. Improved enemy AI.
32. Added interiors to all buildings in Willenke Village.
33. More buildings and interiors added to Willenke Village.
34. Updated title screen quit script to show a dialogue with forum details before quitting.
35. Added shortcut key to Journal.
36. Added a wait system so you can make time pass by.
37. Added lock-picking system.
38. Added door interaction system.
39. Max HP and VP calculation has been tweaked.
40. A Work Bench system has been implemented.
41. More NPCs have been added to Willenke Village.
42. All NPCs in Willenke now have Scheduals.
43. Doors will be locked when houses are not occupied or the residents are asleep.
44. Contextual dialogue added to NPCs in Willenke.
45. Added new icons.
46. More music added to Jukebox.
47. Proper track names are now displayed in the Jukebox.
48. A wooden background has been added to the Character Creation screen.
49. More Devil's Flowers added to Hirgil Marsh.
50. Random NPCs added to Willenke Inn.
51. Added a few more items to the game.
52. Updated a few items.
53. Character Creation has been overhauled.
54. Classes added to the game.
55. Your HP and VP will now be restored on Level-Up and the bars will be full when you start the game.
56. Random chest items lists set up.
57. More enemies and enemy types have been added to the game world.
58. Fixed several bugs in the Axe of Evil quest.
59. The game will now check how many people are in your party before it adds a new member.
60. Fixed a bug where the number of distributable level points was being incorrectly calculated.
61. Some character graphics have been recoloured and some new ones added.
62. Fixed a bug where clouds would be shown when inside after sleeping.
63. Added more sound effects to some parts of the game.
64. Mining Equipment and a Mining system has been added to the game.
65. Added a new Level Up! HUD symbol.
66. You can now see what you are wearing!
67. The Game Over screen has been changed to look a bit better.
68. Enemy processing has been improved.
69. Added more Quests to the game.
70. A new game manual has been included.