NEO Scavenger has a new beta and demo version available, v0.968. Both the beta and demo include the following updates:
- Fixed a memory leak in the inventory screen that would start immediately after picking an item up, and never stop inflating.
- Fixed several unnecessary function calls that were slowing down performance.
- Fixed message window text end-turn dimming to be more consistent.
- Fixed memory leak in message window (game would use more memory for each message, even after message gone).
- Fixed bug that caused extra battles to be created when tile was occupied by only allies.
- Fixed null-pointer bug in battle encounters if current hex has no battle anymore.
- Fixed a bug that caused crashes/stuck combat when leaving combat (esp. with melonheads that called reinforcements).
- Fixed a bug that allowed player to move even when unconscious in battle
- Changed melee surge to produce 1-3 attacks, instead of 1-2. Also stuns and makes target vulnerable, if successful.
- Changed AI morale calculations to make creatures braver when allies are present.
- Changed game to avoid creating unnecessary ground slots for every exposed hex, unless they're needed.
- Removed some old library dependencies from project to improve performance.
As mentioned yesterday, the biggest change is to performance and optimization. The game should run smoother now, use less memory, and crash less often as a result of the update.
Combat also received a few tweaks. The "Melee Surge" ability now provides 1-3 attacks and a stunned opponent, if successful, which should make it more worth its "Recovering" cost.
Furthermore, AI morale now gets a bigger boost when the AI has allies in the battle. This should be particularly noticeable in cases with traditionally cowardly creatures that travel in groups (e.g. looters, melonheads).
Updates to Beta only
The following updates are included in the new beta:
- Fixed a bug that prevented traits from being installed in second column of slots (e.g. full load plus eye surgery or augmentations).
- Fixed a bug that caused Allegan map label to be in wrong place.
- Fixed a bug that caused Hatter not to take security footage when offered.
- Fixed a typo in Diner Cadillac Burger text.
These changes are mainly fixes to bugs reported by players in the forums.
Hopefully, the game is running smoother for everyone now. As always, let me know if you run into any more issues!