Men of War: Assault Squad features a completely new cooperative skirmish game mode with access to five different nations (Russia, Germany, USA, Commonwealth and, for the first time ever in the Men of War series, Japan) as well as increased realism and accessibility.
Carpiquet Airfield Map (7km west Caen, Normandy, 4 to 9 July 1944) Operation Windsor It's an old mission (created in Dec 2011), and it wasn't yet on Moddb. (old one was unplayble because too much polys and too many Ai waves). I've tweaked the script and reduced the size: now, it's a funny mission to play! Mp missions in all modes: Skirmish coop, combat, capture the flag and Assault zones. Sp mission only in skirmish mode VERSION: 5 july 2012
Historical mission on a large map, based on a self interpretation of the next image, to give something near the reality of this fight, with an acceptable gameplay..
4 July 1944: Caen is not yet released. The front has stabilized since nearly a month in the region of Caen. Operation Windsor, a prelude to Operation Charnwood to liberate Caen, is to take Carpiquet and its airfield.
At 5:00, the "la Chaudière" and the North Shore Regiments attack the village occupied by about fifty SS. Troops are supported by a barrage of 248 guns belonging to the regiments of artillery and 408 mm and 380 mm battleships Rodney and Roberts. At 8:30, the village is free. During the attack of Carpiquet, the Royal Winnipeg has made a diversion by attacking South sheds.
The attack to the premises by the Royal Winnipeg South is quickly halted by fire from sheds and three tanks buried Panthers, as well as a bunker which are removed from SS
Around noon, the Queen must seize the barracks. After cleaning a blockhouse on the road to Caen, they are blocked by the firing of a cannon and three 88 Panthers buried. The attack is suspended.
In the afternoon of the 4 july 1944, two-against attacks launched by the armored SS, which will be repelled by artillery and Typhoons. However, Canadians withdrew.
On the evening of July 4, the village and the northern part of the airport under the control of troops canadienens.
The situation is very unstable. Canadians can be submerged at all times: north to Franqueville (towards Authie) south to Verson where the British are not moving, and west to Bretteville-sur-Odon.
On the night of 5 to 6 July, after a German artillery barrage, attacked the SS Franqueville to the positions of the North Shore. The attack was stopped in its tracks, and the following attacks are nailed in place. The uninsured are withdrawn. On the morning of 6, against the SS-attacked again, this time accompanied by the Panzers. The boilers "la Chaudière" are under assault, and companies need to back away from them.
It will take the intervention of the Shermans to rectify the situation.The last attack to take the airfield will be held on 9 with the capture of the barracks by the Queen, supported by tanks.
The Royal Winnipeg Rifles
The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada
The Régiment de la Chaudière
The North Shore (New Brunswick) Regiment
The Camerons Highlanders of Ottawa
The Fort Garry Horse
These regiments are in the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division.
Elements of the 25 SS Panzergrenadier Regiment and the 12 SS Panzer Regiment (units belonging to the 12 SS Panzer Division "Hitler Youth")
- New sounds : MG42, Bofors and Flak38 turret, Tiger rotation turret, the real sound of the Willis Jeep, New ambiances (sound of country french village, insects, cuku, dogs, radar etc.), "Reinfs are arrived" sound (snare drum sound + German voice) , 88 gun and the Tiger (Maybach engine), mortar and a lot of New voices for all germans units (thank's to Ultimaratio for his help)
- 2 real German's marsh songs of WW2
- AI reinf modified (depend of the Mission level) and also i've changed the AI units names, conforms to this battle.
- New skins for vehicules (trucks, tanks, Sdkfz 251) with specials 3D skins "Busches camo" for some major German's tanks.
- New 3d characters (rabbits, dogs, roosters/3D Models by Ironweapon from "FFI" team) and animals skins (cows, chickens)
- New interface (icons, screens, menus, portraits, etc..)
- New colored labels for units
- New cross icon for player's squads:
- New German's Elite skins (2 SS "Das Reich", fallschirmjager "green devils", 26th & 12SS "Hitler Jungen", Medic, tank crew and commander, Mechanized Waffen SS, sniper, Medic, etc..)
(notice that the GEM2 engine sound seems to "saturate" when there is too much units on the map at the same time and it create a bug of infinite looped sounds. So, if it appears (not all of the time): just click on the save menu button and go back in game. It will stop that looped sounds.. I don't know the exact cause and the remedy to avoid this problem..)
This archive is in 7z format (better compression), you can uncompress it with Winrar.
- Extract the mission folder in the "mod folder" inside your Men of War: Assault Squad game directory
Normal Path to the game "Men of War - Assault Squad":
- DvD version: C:\Program Files\1C Company\Men of War Assault Squad
- Steam Version: C:\Program Files\Steam2\SteamApps\common\men of war assault squad
Then launch the game and activate the mod (the file on the left side should pass on the right side).
Now you have a new button in the skirmish menu. Click on it and enjoy this mission.
This mission is my own work but i want to thank's for their help:
- Cromtec for his great 3d models of SDKFZ7, SDKFZ 250, blitz (without canopy) and Kettenkard (from Cromtec_AS mod on Moddb)
- Ultimaratio (Austria) who help me to traduct all the new voices for Germans soldiers.
- Mopar (Australia) who help me to traduct the new voices for UK soldiers and sent me his blood Fx mod).
- DjSatane (USA) to his help to debug the skirmish script for coop mp and script the guns trailers.
- Steven (USA), who did the first skirmish script. (I hope he is still alive and can see that his work is really appreciate by all the players who enjoy chalenging theses skirmish missions..)
- Ozka (Suede) who helped me to improve my english ;)
Thank's to all the players for their comments and votes on moddb.
Don't forget to give me your feedback to give me the way to improve this mission,if you like it!
Here is the army at your disposal (sdkfz7, Sdkfz 250 and Kettenkrad are the great work of Cromtec):
Copyright (Important): This mission contain near all my hard work (skining, 3d busches camo, news german units, sets, map, some other objects like stamps, flags, sounds etc...) and I don't agree others modders to use my work whithout my approval.
i can agree (or not) the use of a part of this work only to thoses who ask me gently BEFORE in pm.
Here is the normal "Rules of Modding" (Source Moddb):
copyright violation are:
- De-compiling/Disassembling content for use in another games engine.
- Use of another games art assets in a mod without the consent of the artist.
- Claiming work is yours when it was made by some one else.
- Taking work from a mod or game and using it in another without consent.
As a important note even if you credit the author of the content used, permission is still needed to use it. Crediting will only cover you if you have permission in the first place.
If users are found to have uploaded content with stolen assets, they will have their account suspended aswell as all their mods, addons and downloads removed, this is a minor slap on the wrist in comparison to large companies reactions that can include legal costs and fines in the hundred of thousands."
(If you like my work, and see another mod with my stuff without mentioning my name, please contact me in pm on DMS or Moddb with a link for investigation).