The new "Level Up" free content pack for Tripwire Interactive's Killing Floor is now available on Steam, along with the "Nightfall" DLC Character Pack. The content pack will automatically update for everyone who already owns the game. It will also be included for everyone who is trying out the game during the Free Weekend, which starts today, Thursday 22nd October and runs through Sunday 25th October. On top of that, the game will be on sale through the weekend, with 25% off the price.
The "Level Up" content pack (preview on IGN - Pc.ign.com, gameplay footage on Voodoo Extreme - Ve3d.ign.com) contains 3 new maps, a new Perk, increased Perk levels, a new specimen and 7 new weapons of free new content for the game:
- KF-Wyre: a map set in the dark forests in southern England, with a hidden Horzine facility buried underground.
- KF-Bedlam: this map is set in the aftermath of a Halloween rave at a crumbling and abandoned lunatic asylum, forcing your squad to fight through claustrophobic corridors and haunted hallways, all to the left-over rave tunes and lighting.
- KF-Waterworks: the winning map from Wave 1 of the Grindhouse mapping contest, Waterworks' stunning visuals and gameplay blew the judges away. Now you have to blow away all the specimens from the ruins of the pumping station.
- New Demolitions Perk: this one is for all those who like to blow stuff up. This is the guy who knows his explosives. Proximity-fuzed pipe-bombs and grenade launchers - you get the idea!
- All Perks now have a Level 6 to achieve - with even more goodies for getting there.
- Introducing our new Specimen - the Husk: this was Horzine's first serious attempt at a clone with a ranged attack. Grafting a fireball-launcher to his arm gave him a vicious long-range attack and gives the gameplay a whole new dynamic. Just don't stand still when he arrives - and have a Sharpshooter handy to keep him at bay.
- MP7M Medic Gun: Horzine took a submachine gun and added their prototype healing-dart gun to it. Now the Medic has the perfect combo of fire-power combined with the ability to heal team-mates from a distance.
- The M79 Grenade Launcher has been tucked away in Army arsenals for decades. It may be old, but it is ever-reliable and still packs quite a punch.
- The M32 Multiple Grenade Launcher takes the basic grenade launcher and allows you to fire multiple rounds in quick succession, for even more "boom".
- AA-12 Auto Shotgun: a prototype every Support Specialist wants to get his hands on. Devastating firepower, but just eats ammo!
- M14 Enhanced Battle Rifle: the EBR is a Special Forces version of an old favorite, just right for all the Sharpshooters amongst us.
- SCAR Mk17: another Special Forces weapon, featuring a good rate of fire, good accuracy and a good heavy round. Just what every serious Commando wants!
- Proximity-fused Pipe-bomb: an all-time favorite of Demolitions guys the world over. Arm it, drop it and wait for a horde of bad guys to run over it. Just don't be there when they do!
- Game Lobby Movie Trailers - short movie trailers will now play during the game lobby before a match. These ads will help keep the free content packs rolling!
On top of this, we are releasing the "Nightfall" DLC Character Pack at the same time, adding 4 new characters to the game.
All of this content is available as part of the full game Free Weekend on Steam now. If you already have the game, you can jump in and play right now. If you don't, head here Store.steampowered.com to download the game and play completely free for the weekend!
Killing Floor is available in stores in North America and Europe, as well as on Steam (Store.steampowered.com).