Heroes & Castles is a new blend of action, strategy, castle defense, and RPG elements, combined into one seamless experience! Take control of one of three unique heroes, then participate in huge battles against hordes of the undead, orcs, goblins, and more! Summon an army to fight alongside you, build towers and upgrade your castle walls, build buildings to upgrade your units, and use your heroes active and passive skills - all in real time - to turn the tide of battle in your favor. In Heroes & Castles you will fight in the midst of an epic battle that you control!
- Unique blend of 3rd person action/RPG gameplay, strategy, and castle defense!
- 3 unique heroes to play as: the offensive minded Knight, the supporting healer - Paladin, and the defensive oriented dwarven Engineer
- Build a huge army to fight alongside your hero, in real time!
- Tons of ally units, from Catapults, Clerics, Giants, Dwarfs, and much more!
- A huge variety of enemies to fight, from undead skeleton hordes, to brutish orcs, to towering trolls!
- Upgrade you castle defenses with new towers, reinforced walls, or upgrade buildings that improve your troops!
- Randomized loot - find hundreds of thousands of combinations of Runes to customize your hero with!
- Deep, strategic gameplay - build the right units and towers to counter the right enemies
- Experience epic battles with over 75 detailed units on-screen at once!
- Gamecenter 2 player co-op multiplayer!
- Advanced graphics, lighting, and particle effects!
- Compatible with all iOS devices from the iPhone 3GS and above
- Fixed a major bug which would cause some people to have their profiles corrupted
- Added an automatic data restore for people who have lost all of their progress in the Campaign and crash on level 1
- Added new GC leaderboards for v2.0
- Fixed several major crashes in all game modes
- Fixed an issue which would cause some players to disconnect as a Co-op game began
- Rebalanced late game for Endless and Co-op
- Fixed several gameplay exploits
- Added a huge Troll + Catapult “penalty” wave if players try to purely defend without killing any enemies
- Knight’s Taunt no longer affects Trolls, Catapults, and Goblin Siegers
- Improved visibility of dead multiplayer ally
- Captain and Longbeard buffs no longer stack
- Can now only build 3 Repairmen at any one time
- Multiplayer games now won’t start until the other player is in the game
- Changed in-game pop-up alerts to notifications, for better game flow
- Increased the effectiveness of all special units
- Increased health and disruptive ability of Giants
- Added several new options: Inverse X, Inverse Y, manual downloading/uploading to iCloud, and an option to reset local data
- many more tweaks and fixes
One of the new skins for the Knight.
Latest tweets from @foursakenmedia
21hours 35mins ago
23hours 14mins ago
@GeekDebate It definitely won't be "easy", but some of the difficulty had to be toned down. We're adding an endless mode for extra challenge
23hours 16mins ago
@BenjaminCousins real world value for us seems to be 40-50%
Mar 8 2014, 9:33am
@xXxFasTMasKxXx yes! Fixed in 1st update
Mar 8 2014, 9:31am
We're a little shocked to see people having difficulty issues in BFW tbh! First update should address some of that + add endless modes!
Mar 7 2014, 7:22pm
Mar 7 2014, 7:15pm
@mactds Its also editor's choice - not saying one cant do well on the free charts, its always been tough, just extra tough with flappy mania
Mar 7 2014, 5:15pm
Mar 7 2014, 3:50pm
@mike_gaboury very true :p We're totally fine with sticking to a "niche" gamer base at this point - we tried casual before and flopped hard
Mar 7 2014, 3:47pm