Garry’s Mod is a sandbox mod for the Source Engine. Unlike normal games there aren't any predefined aims or goals. Players are given tools and are left to entertain themselves. The player is in a world where objects can be created and destroyed on demand. Where people can be created and destroyed with the click of a mouse. A world made for him. A world he made.
as what the title says: how to set your own background music for Gmod (oudated but might work)
Posted by Maxen1416 on Aug 7th, 2009
Hello and tanks for reading this Tutorial
Set your own background music for GMOD:
1. Open your Garry's Mod folder and go to "sound"
2. Now create a folder and give it the name ''ui''
3. You need an .mp3 file(any song or music).
4. Change the name of the .mp3 file to ''gamestartup01''
5. Put the gamestartup01.mp3 file in your garrysmod/sound/ui folder
6. Done!!! Very easy isn't it
Info's about background music in GMOD:
background music is cool but sometimes it lags your gmod and it need more time to start it.
you mustn't upload music of groups, bands.... (Ex: Linkin park). Uploading music without
a license is illegal! but you can use music of other bands for yourself.
You shouldn't use background music if your PC is very laggy!
oh and for CSS the same thing but without 01