Evochron Mercenary is the sequel to Evochron Legends and rounds out a trilogy in the series culminating in the game with the highest level of technology and most extensive feature set. It is a first person 3D space combat, trader, and exploration simulation with a primary focus on 'lone-wolf' survival gameplay.
New graphics, special effects, sounds, and private voice chat are featured in this latest update for Evochron Mercenary.
Posted by SFSW on Nov 10th, 2011
The update can also be downloaded from the game's website here: starwraith.com
The installer provides the entire game and also works as a patch to update older versions. This update adds the following:
- New menu background graphics for added detail.
- Improved and adjusted asteroid cave collision detection.
- Afterburner sound effects updated to eliminate clicks/pops when activating and deactivating.
- New special effects including explosion blast waves, missile detonation explosions, and explosion lens flares.
- New clan tag bracket option ('<>') to allow for secure voice chat without clan affiliation.
- Station detonator links no longer remain active when entering the exit menu.
- New high fidelity sound effects including distance based volume control.
- Occasional disconnect of players in shipyards, hangars, or lobbies fixed.
- Multiple object and surface capability added to the explosion system.
- Improved timing system for systems with ultra-high frames-per-second.
- Full ping status system added to better gauge network performance.
- Several minor bug fixes.