Evochron Mercenary is the sequel to Evochron Legends and rounds out a trilogy in the series culminating in the game with the highest level of technology and most extensive feature set. It is a first person 3D space combat, trader, and exploration simulation with a primary focus on 'lone-wolf' survival gameplay.
This is the installer for Evochron Mercenary Build 1.428. The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. Required for multiplayer compatibility.
Version 1.428 is available for download and includes the following improvements:
- Background star detail increased.
- Military ship frames updated to improve texture alignment.
- Gun turret control system updated to match flight control vertical input.
- Modification system updated to support custom ship hull textures for each color option.
- Modification system updated to properly load/display custom image files for loading stage.
- Primary weapon and shield impact sound effects now use multiple audio channels for improved quality.
- Multiplayer system updated for improved compatibility with a wider range of network devices and better performance.
- Mouse button input system updated to ignore input signals from buttons 3 and higher for menus.
- Mouse button control for multiplayer voice chat implemented (including remapping option).
- Profile template problem that occasionally caused lost hangar items fixed.
- Reduced memory overhead slightly for improved efficiency.
- Shadows added to target and station direction indicators.
- Several texture improvements for better image quality.
- Shield array status indicators added to gunsight.
- Exhaust lens flare effect added (angle based).
- Several minor bug fixes.
The new multiplayer system is designed for improved performance, utilizes multiple CPU cores better, and should provide better compatibility with a wider range of network devices.
The customizing kit has also been updated for a few changes in file formats and the new options. Filename changes include 'greenarrow.png', 'greenbox.png', and 'yellowbox.png'. The new shield array status indicators use 'b2shieldX-front.png', 'b2shieldX-left.png', 'b2shieldX-rear.png', and 'b2shieldX-right.png' where X is a number from 1 to 3 representing the damage level from green to red.