Evochron Mercenary is the sequel to Evochron Legends and rounds out a trilogy in the series culminating in the game with the highest level of technology and most extensive feature set. It is a first person 3D space combat, trader, and exploration simulation with a primary focus on 'lone-wolf' survival gameplay.
This is the installer for Evochron Mercenary Build 1.288. The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. Required for multiplayer compatibility.
Version 1.288 is available for download and includes the following improvements: - Dedicated size option added for custom display and HUD text.
- 'Clan Only' voice chat mode enabled for receiving messages while in exit menu.
- Missile explosion animation system updated for more consistent rendering at higher FPS.
- Dynamic cube mapping for planetary water linked to 'High' shader option in Options menu.
- Station detonator prices reduced to make them more accessible and potentially increase their use.
- Secondary throttle control input system updated to better support various gamepad/joystick devices.
- Text rendering system updated for improved efficiency and to eliminate flickering that may occur on some systems.
- Secondary weapon damage levels better aligned with armor specifications for each frame type.
- AI ship construction system updated for Saber and Raven frames for better wing placement.
- Additional proximity checks added to construction system to prevent 'station stacking'.
- Station detonator availability increased through reloading option at specific locations.
- Player built trade station limit set to 50 for each 500 sector territory control zone.
- Clan territory control rate credit increased by 500% for player built trade stations.
- 'Black warp gate' issue on Nvidia GeForce 400 and 500 series of video cards fixed.
- Military frames now have significantly greater primary weapon energy reserves.
- Military frames can now have up to eight equipment components.
- Military frames now have one cargo bay slot.
- Several minor bug fixes.
The new font size option will let you specify a unique size for the display/HUD text that is different from the primary message and menu text.
The dynamic cube mapping system for planetary water is now linked to the 'High' shader setting in the Options menu. This lets you disable the dynamic water effects without impacting the other planetary details such as terrain meshes, detail mapping, clouds, and textures. On some systems, good performance can still be achieved with planet details set high, but the dynamic water effects might cause a significant performance reduction. This way, you can control the water effects independently of the other planet details and effects by changing the shader setting to 'Limited' in the Options menu.
To update any military ship designs you own for the new options, simply rebuild the ship in any shipyard or buy a new one and the design will be updated automatically.