Evochron Mercenary is the sequel to Evochron Legends and rounds out a trilogy in the series culminating in the game with the highest level of technology and most extensive feature set. It is a first person 3D space combat, trader, and exploration simulation with a primary focus on 'lone-wolf' survival gameplay.
This is the installer for Evochron Mercenary Build 1.208. The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. Required for multiplayer compatibility.
Version 1.208 is available for download and includes the following improvements:
- Talison war zone updated with easier combat objectives for new players.
- Combat Pilot role now starts player in Talison war zone with immediate access to combat contracts.
- Shadow effect added to descent/docking guide bars for improved visibility in planet clouds and nebulae.
- Shadow effect also added to the HUD strafe indicator for improved visibility in planet clouds and nebulae.
- Clan territory control values now do not decrease over time when at least one member of the clan is online.
- Voice chat system updated for improved compatibility and performance on a wider range of systems.
- Clan territory control values in multiplayer now hold at 100% for a longer period of time.
- 'Arc' control sensitivity mode integrated with the standard 'Medium' and 'Low' options.
- Gas planets with vertical ring orientations adjusted to be aligned on the equator.
- 'Clan Only' mode added to quadrant map for viewing only player's clan levels.
- Player built station capacity doubled and additional integrity system added.
- Planet ring dust clouds not properly reappearing after respawn fixed.
- Adjustable IDS throttle scale options added (1X-5X selectable).
- IDS throttle scale mode indicator added to ship status display.
- Duplicate equipment installation in station hangars fixed.
- New position options added for custom text fonts.
- Lightning added to gas giant planet atmospheres.
- Pay for territory control increased 10 times.
- Several minor bug fixes.
For the new IDS throttle scale mode options, see page 3 of the key and button configuration menu. For voice chat, the game now uses a higher frequency of smaller packets to improve compatibility with certain security settings and programs. The customizing kit has also been updated for the new font options.